Days: November 2015 Discussion Thread

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You're right, I do remember seeing a Kayla way before MBE's Kayla was seen during my binge. I meant MBE's Kayla.

If you're asking me, yes, I watched that only  7 days ago, lol ;) Patch did a weak-behind job of tying them up, he was blabbering so much he forgot to tie good merchant marine knots.

I'd argue on some of those cases, Khan, but overall I guess I can agree to a point. I think in a lot of those cases there was just so much bad writing for so long. I've been trying to find old Addie/Doug/Julie stuff on YouTube, but there's some Doug & Julie, some Addie & Doug. Not really any trio scenes. This scene stood out to me while I was on my YT trip. MC's voice is fire. Flashbacks from within the 25th Anniversary episode.

• Members

I loved DAYS' 25th.  So many flashbacks, so many good memories.

Thanks for posting that clip, Angela!  :)

(Also, which cases are you referring to?  Are you talking about the '80's couples or the ones from before then?  I'm confused by that sentence.)

• Members

Of all the DAYS supercouples, Doug and Julie and Shane and Kimberly are the two I like the most. From what I've seen Shane and Kimberly had a lot of terrible writing, and I wouldn't say either of them are the strongest actors, but in terms of chemistry and natural connection, and that certain magic of a soap couple, they had it for me. I think MBE is a wonderful actress (anyone who could salvage Katherine Bell has to be), but I've never really been interested in Kayla for a pairing. I just wish the show did more with her.

• Members

I'm talking about the 80s couples that returned in some form or another in the 1990s, 2000s, 2010s even or those who stayed through that time into the long decline of daytime story-telling. Not many 70s couples have returned for any actual real story-line in that time frame.

I disliked Katherine Bell, not in a love to hate way, I just disliked her. I almost forgot about her run on GH. Thankfully, I don't have great memory anymore so I can't hold Katherine against her, lol.

• Members

Ah, okay.

You are probably right, though, that in some cases, it was just a matter of bad writing over a long period.  I certainly felt that way in regards to Bo and Hope and the "Princess Gina" nightmare.  DAYS took a HUGE risk putting one of their signature couples in such a rotten "storyline."  They also took viewers' devotion to "their couple" for granted.  Seriously.  They are blessed that things like RoBo the Amazing Baby-Making Mime and John and Hope's submarine sex didn't kill the love their most diehard fans felt for the two.

• Members

I turned off DAYS cold, COLD, so so COLD in 2003 and I was really into Bo & Hope (a 2nd generation Bo & Hope fan circa 1995) but I literally only enjoyed their story-line for a year. The rest of the time I was just hoping the garbage story-telling would stop. Bo/Billie redux, Gina story-line to try to get in John/Hope in that chicken chit way. The time to do that was pre-PR's return. Maison Blanche era. I'm not sure why they hesitated on both John/Hope and Jack/Hope during that time. But look at me, 12 years after my initial leave, I've watched like 5 years of Bo/Hope clips in 10 days and it's as if I never left them cold, lol. So I'd have to argue, at least in their case and at least for me, their material does stand the test of time. I can reflect on the last 12 years without bitterness because I didn't watch 99% of it.

• Members

Im glad they gave Chase that material yesterday bc he was needed. The Ciara wasnt completely terrible just standing there reacting to him. She kept smiling though bc detracted from what should have been serious material

Hope got to me. KA did extremely well selling Bo's death

Abigail is dumb as hell. Psycho Ben had a point. She was calling her lover, not 911. Why the hell didnt she just dial that?

Stefano looks absolutely ridiculous as the wheelchair menace

• Members

That's one way to get rid of characters who aren't working.  Need to write so-and-so off the show?  Just let Hope sleep with 'em!  Two dead husbands in the same week can't be wrong!

As for Jennifer, she's busy with her new Chik-Fil-A franchise.

• Members

SMH at Abigail typing out that long-ass text instead of "KIDNAPPED HELP!" or something. That said, the tension in all those scenes with the midwife was pretty great.

Caroline and Victor coming together in their grief was a really touching moment. But I am all death-ed out. Can we skip two weeks or something?

Archived