Days: November 2015 Discussion Thread

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Just like when Marie reminded everyone (via text to Julie) at Aidan and Hope's wedding how she was planning her own wedding fifty years ago on that same date.  Everyone was all, "D'Awwwwww, how sweet!" but I was like, "WTF?!"

Odd, yes, but also fitting, if you ask me.  I'd much rather remember the DAYS of the '80's over that trash.

• Members

100% Khan. 100%. Honestly, I honestly only enjoyed DAYS for the first year I watched in full, 1995-1996. 1997 - 2003, I was hanging on purely due to addiction. Higley, oddly enough, was the straw that broke the camels back for me with the show in 2003. Make no mistake it was Reilly put most of the straw on that camels back though.

• Members

I had no idea Bo was dying today.   He was given weeks to live I thought, and I assumed there would be a long, slow goodbye.  No wedding, no bittersweet holidays, it was just "Hello, I must be going".   That said, I thought KA and PR did nice work today and I am glad the other stories were dropped for the day.  I am just trying to picture myself if I were Shawn, Hope or Ciara, and it was "Hi, I'm home!" and then tomorrow they were dead.  And poor Caroline.  I also am a bit flummoxed that it has only been one day since he got home, and all these things, hospitalizing Hope, released, then he got sick, then he got tests and the results back, he had time to visit Victor, Jennifer managed to visit not once but twice, Kayla's son got drugged and released, Chad got a visit from Andre, released, went to Abigail's, went to Marlena, went to Rafe 2x, got hypnotized...and it all happened in a day.

• Members

Just finished the episode.

Kristian Alfonso and Peter Reckell were great. Whatever chemistry they didn't have at points in their run together on DAYS never came through onscreen. It was one of the most believable, moving, romantic pairings in daytime.

Bo's return and death went incredibly fast and maybe that was not a good decision - or maybe it will be. The scenes themselves were excellent and I found it to be a satisfying ending to Bo and Hope. At least now fans of the couple have closure - they had a happily ever after ending that ended far too quickly, but otherwise it was true to them, Bo got to save his Fancy Face one last time. 

• Members

Perfection, Toups, besides for that JimReillyJr stamp ;) Thank you.

Vee, as much as I enjoy them together, they got to stop making death mean nothing on this show. It's weird, though, the show has a lot of us wishing for more even though they did a helluva lot mess in 24 hours. I wish they had done the story different (sans kidnapping and crazy Aidan) and given them more time (Thanksgiving, maybe Christmas too) before this part came, definitely.

Something else about today's show, it was weird they sandwiched a bunch of Bo/Hope make out scenes between Steve and Kayla like they were flashing back to it. That said, it would be nice if they let Steve and Kayla be Hope's main support system (instead of the man Bo gave Hope to in his verbal will). Having watched like 50-65% of the Bo/Hope stuff from the 1980s so far on YouTube, that makes an incredible amount sense. Steve and Hope were genuinely really good friends once they got to know each other better and he stopped wrestling with her for "a date" every-time they met up and the Brady family connection goes without saying.

Archived