ALL: The golden child

• Members

That's true. However, when it came to attention and story, Thomas was never given as much Steffy. Things were all about her many times when Thomas was nowhere to be found. I don't remember Steffy being jealous of Hope based upon Hope herself. It was always about her father choosing Brooke over Taylor and herself. It was always about Brooke.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Agreed. But my biggest issue with how Steffy was played was that it always seemed to me that Ridge chose Taylor over Brooke for years when she was growing up. I can't remember one time where Brooke ended with Ridge when Taylor was available. My memory might be faulty though.

• Members

That was established early into the show's run when Victor was still living and the Tony character was introduced. Tony's mother was Dorothy Randolph, Eugenia Randolph's sister. So Viki and Tony were both half-siblings and first cousins.

• Members

I said Steffy only cause it seemed like her entire family was rooting for her to be with Liam and were completely oblivious to most of the schemes she did against Hope......(even if most of it was Bill's doing...)

Hope was constantly shamed for just being a Logan by them...

• Members

But that was really mainly Taylor and Stephanie that was rooting for her and Liam. The rest were pretty indifferent. Eric never supported Steffy. Ridge supported whomever Liam was with at the time. Thomas initially supported Liam with Steffy bc he wanted Hope for himself, but after that storyline, he sort of got phased out and didnt really voice much of an opinion. Oh and I guess Pam. On the flipside, you had the entire Logan family (Brooke, Katie, Donna, Rick) rooting for Hope to be with Liam, so it evened itself out. I dont think it was a case of a "golden child" situation here, just respective family members choosing allegiances, which makes perfect sense

Archived