9 dead in South Carolina Church shooting:

ChitHappens

• Members

Sat with the victims for an hour before killing them. I'm sure we will see what went wrong in his childhood as opposed to this young man leaning hate and evil from his parents. Father gave him the gun in April.

May the victims rest in peace :(

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/06/18/charleston-church-shooting/28911595/?hootPostID=fcd99447f5b0a3f60b6b01710ba6cf8c

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Part of me hopes he does, but maybe he doesn't deserve to take the quick way out.

It's strange, but even though I'm an atheist, church shootings seem just a little more horrific to me than the average rampage. Schools and churches should be sanctuaries, instead they're magnets for sick f*cks.

• Members

I saw the statement from the mayor that its "unfathomable" that someone would walk into a place of worship and kill people. Except it isn't. We live in a country where people have no problem shooting in a house of worship or an elementary school or a movie theatre. It's time for people to stop being surprised when this happens and start being pissed.

• Members

Exactly. It is not only not unfathomable, it is the epitome of fathomable sadly. Until the country gets over its fetish for guns, these things will continue to happen. If the school kids in CT wasn't enough to wake the country up then this won't be either. Soon we will hear calls for secret Church Marshalls packing heat.

Archived