9 dead in South Carolina Church shooting:

ChitHappens

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sad part is a lot of idiots with a lot of power feel this way.

That idiot and those who are terrified of saying this was racially motivated are those who run wide swathes of the country today. It's terrifying.

• Members

The deal is that gun violence is a big city problem. And for those of us on farms, we do not want to be punished for the ridiculousness of all the inner city bullsh!t that goes on in this country. For us, a gun is a tool, not a weapon. The nearest town to me is 5,000 people, and has had less than 10 murders in 150 years (Every one was a domestic violence, BTW) and we have damn near 100% gun ownership. I need to be able to shoot the damn squirrels, coons, possums, and the snapping turtles, and even the occasional stray dog that gets dumped out here. Guns ain't the problem, they are the means to an end, a symptom of an entire generation being DESENSITIZED to violence and human suffering. Video games, violence in the movies and on television, and in music videos is all contributing factors. We also have the issue of when something of this nature happened 50 years ago, you wouldn't hear about it in the blink of an eye. Modern technology has made all of us very much aware of EVERY pimple on the backside of humanity, when in past, ignorance has been bliss. Like I said... assault type weapons, FINE. Nobody needs that crap, except men with small penises who want to feel like a barney bad ass.

• Members

The animals threaten property, not life. They aren't killed for fun. If that's an issue for you, then how about only people who own 5 acres or more of land can own guns. Would that be agreeable to you? I still say we can end drunk driving with prohibition, you're using the exact same logic... nobody want to give up their booze, do they? They can't seem to release their inhibitions without chemical assistance. Your "Need" to get tipsy and have a good time threatens the safety of an entire nation, and everyone on the highways. See how that works?

• Members

I like Grace slick's idea that death penalty prisoners should not be killed, but be forced to submit to medical testing, that way you get accurate results instead of using rats. You have a human life there and it's just wasted. That way, at least there's a chance of something good to come of his existence.

• Members

Rick Perry, in spite of extended claims that he was only a dumbass in 2012 because of a back operation, is...still a dumbass. Molly Ivins is shaking her head somewhere above us.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2015/06/rick-perry-charleston-murders-were-because-drugs-not-racism

Here's the judge in Roof's bail hearing.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/06/19/racist-talk-from-dylann-roof-s-judge.html

I wondered who would first blame the victims for not having guns. No surprise at the answer.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/jun/19/nra-mass-shootings-south-carolina-church

• Members

They tried prohibition and it didn't work. They did however have gun control up until the Reagan years and the country got along just fine. I am sorry, not a single post of yours makes sense. Your ridiculous years long railing at racoons and possums is something best left in the 1800s. For years you are talking about killing squirrels and raccoons. It's freaking 2015. This country long ago became a country of cities. It's time to come into the 20th century, forget the 21st you can work on that later. I can't take the Davey Crockett wild frontier BS seriously.

• Members

That flag is coming down eventually. We're just going to have to approach it the way we did Indiana's religious bigotry law. We need to start contacting corporations that do business in SC and telling them that we won't deal with them until the confederate rag comes down.

Rev. Pinckney was a state senator. It desecrates the memory of a man who served SC's citizens in both the spiritual and secular ways to keep the flag up.

Archived