Days actress out

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Not surprised at all. I knew once they didn't make her a legacy character, she'd stick out like a sore thumb and crash and burn eventually. Characters only have longevity on DAYS in recent years if you are related to a character with long-term roots on the show. Rafe is the only newbie to survive this curse. DAYS really missed the mark by not simply making her the obvious casting choice, Sarah Horton....

• Members

it's a shame really. They needed a strong story for her; she should have been Sarah Horton, putting her in the Kiriakas mansion and in Brady's orbit and a rival for Eve. Eve should have been connected to Aiden who should have been Paige's father (notwithstanding the boring actress playing Page). Imagine a story involving all those excellent actors. There was no need to bring back Melanie. Yuck, that actress drives me nuts and I will love Higley if she dumps her. Melissa Archer is a solid actress and could have filled the Sami void. I also think we can get rid of Eric, that actor is one note and never grew.

As I hear more about Higley's plans to give story to John and Marlena, Justin and Adrienne, Bo, Patch etc. I think the production team is fully aware that this is the last two years on the air. I'll watch because it's sad and it's a piece of broadcast history. I think Corday will bring back some class for the final act.

• Members

Those long-term DAYS fans are dead and buried. These returns are of actors who were last relevant in the 1980s and 1990s and their previous returns have failed to increase the ratings at DAYS, in any manner, whatsoever.

Yes, Corday is going to try and go out with some class and have these last two years be a valentine to the fans of the show who've hung in there over the years. And that's fine, let's just hope everyone is treated with dignity and when things conclude we get an ending more akin to Another World than Guiding Light.

• Members

What a waste. Not really surprised though. I've always said she should have been Sarah. Everything about Serena screamed Sarah, down to the people she was tied to. Eve, who had run her down long ago, was in town ... sigh. What a waste of potential here.

• Members

I will agree with everyone that she would have made a better Sarah Horton. Right age, great possibilities. I'm so glad to be rid of this terrible writing staff. I know we're all cautious about Dena, but so far they're saying the right things.

This is clearly the last stage for Days. If they can successfully build a new bunch of storylines off of the old characters they will have a chance.

• Members

DAYS just doesn't seem to know how to write. Period. New characters are a double whammy because there isn't years of history for the audience to care about.

MA was given plenty to work with (she was launched into a front burner story from the get-go, on every. single. day during her first few weeks), so her failure wasn't for lack of screen time. Unfortunately, we never really got to know who she is or why we should care about her and Eric's off-camera history.

I'm telling ya... Limited sets and an extremely tight budget does no favors for the writing. Instances of coincidences (people who just happen to walk across the same bushel of trees in a forest, eavesdropping on important conversations; etc,) run rampant. GL was in the same predicament their last 5 years.

Archived