B&B: Brooke Spoiler

• Members

After today's episode, I understand the decision to kill this storyline. KKL was awful as drunk Brooke - she just can't pull it off. I was cringing during the Deacon scenes - leaving the restaurant and then those goofy faces she made after he kissed her. Good call to kill this. I'm sure they were expecting more, but I think we (and obviously Brad) have seen enough to know it's not working at all.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It think it's more evident now with TK, CG, JY, DD, SK, HT, RS - all six of those spin circles around the vapid talent that B&B had during the 00s. Overall, the cast has undergone a significant 'acting' upgrade.Even KM has upped her game considerably since Maya has been given something substantial. There are far fewer weak links than before. I love KKL, but I think this story was just beyond her skills. Plus, it doesn't really fit Brooke anyway. Since when did Brooke give up? Never. Brooke is an optimist in a world of cynics. Instead, she suddenly gives up? C'mon! Plus, they not-so-subtle flirting with Eric was really low. For a character that Brad loves, he sure treats her like dirt. Why not have Brooke go into Forrester and help Rick and Maya fend off the wolves - she should seriously be p.o'd about Ridge taking her son's wife - more than just two episodes. On top of it, she can put her business or chemists skills to use, etc. There is so much more they can do. Oh, and in the process of returning to Forrester, she can work closely with Carter....

• Members

To be honest with you I don't ever feel like Brad Bell has that much fondness for Brooke, or if he does, it's for the wrong reasons. I don't think he's known what to do with her for a very long time.

I'd say at this point they'd be better off having her try something totally new - maybe have her forced out of Forrester and she ends up working in catering or something, like Beth did. She could meet some mysterious guy who'd bring her into some plan against the main fashion houses.

• Members

At least the show is trying to give Brooke something... poor Donna has been on the sidelines for years.

I kind of wish that Brad Bell watched the first few years of the show to learn how to properly pace a half hour show. You can have more then one storyline in each episode.. it's entirely possible.

If they were going to give Brooke a story, why not have her finally admit she is a sex addict and focus on trying to get help for that. And as she gets helps for it, she slowly turns to other vices to replace the sex addiction.. which could be alcohol for instance.

Archived