Lifetime: Whitney

BKuzak

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That was Suzanne Douglas. Not sure if I can pinpoint too much of her work, but she played Maya's mother on Girlfriends.

As for the movie itself, Angela did a terrific job for a first time director. However, the movie should not have been called Whitney and touted as a biopic because it was anything but. It should have been called "Whitney and Bobby". And as many suggested, Angela had to be in collusion with Bobby in exchange for his input. No one but Bobby and Whitney knows what went on inside that relationship but he was totally made to look like someone Whitney brought down.

Yaya, when she is not doing that nasally voice, is a wonderful actress. She did her homework. She has quite the future ahead of her.

I hope Deborah Cox finds a career resurgence after this. The vocals were amazing!

• Members

I thought it was good, it covered one span of time in Whitney's life and that fit with what a television movie can fit in within a couple of hours (less when you factor in commercials). Yaya did a good job with getting down Whitney's gestures, I was impressed.

Archived