GH: Michelle Stafford interview

• Members

It was an interview Bergman did with Logan in celebration of his 25th year on Y&R. It was published a few days ago:

http://www.tvguide.com/news/peter-bergman-young-restless-25-years-1089290.aspx

When JFP and team came to the show, they reunited Jack and Phyllis and used Phyllis in more of a supporting capacity (which was severely needed given how much of the show she seemed to eat up in the time before that). I can only guess Stafford was not happy about being paired with Bergman again and getting less story focus than usual. She complained to JFP, but JFP (or someone else) was not having any of it.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I remember tuning in when they put her back with Jack when he was in rehab and it was like she was a whole different person. He brought her up and calmed her down in a major way. I always liked them together when I tuned in. But she doesn't get it.

I have been very impressed with what I've seen of Gina as Phyllis. I didn't think it would work, and maybe it won't when they mis-pair her with some other hunk - Gina doesn't always do well when they just fling her at dudes with no rhyme or reason in the story. But so far, she's excellent. She's not afraid to not be herself, to not present some grand, all-consuming popular personality. Stafford is.

• Members

What Stafford sounds to be us ungrateful. Gina has done fabulous and it was the biggest coup for any daytime actress years. It was a hardcore audition and any put of work soap diva would have killed to work as Phyllis on the number 1 soap. JFP doesn't put up with crap from divas let's remember Jill has dealt with many personalities. Its a far different opinion where Gina and even Cady McClain said Y&R is so professional and classy and they know working on soaps that went down to low budgets they are so grateful. Stafford has Frank directing on the stafford project. she isn't going anywhere at GH as she is Franks and Rons favorite daytime actress. They treat her like Madonna whereas JFP didn't put up with her crap. Do u kind of respect JFP here?

• Members

She's not saying anything about Y&R that others haven't said. As a matter if fact, she said less. In the last 10 years that show has been through a lot, and I have read lots of negative things about drama on that set between actors and with the network and HW's. Stafford, PB, Case, Muhney, Melody, Lauralee Bell, Braeden, Heather Tom, Rowell, all has issues and spoke publicly about them. That's just off the top of my head. That show has always had ego fueled drama going on.

• Members

I don't think she comes across all that bad in the interview to be honest but I haven't read the whole thing yet, it's a Nellie interview so I have to prepare myself for the ass kissage and fluff questions. God how similar to Fairman? LOL

Right? Am I missing something here?

Dead and buried. Love you.

Although I think YR deserves a bit of shade, even though Stafford isn't an innocent in what went on behind the scenes and the drama.

And it's the Huff Post. Yuck. Talk about fluffy garbage. Make sure y'all scan your computer after being on that site.

• Members

I'm puzzled as to why anyone would not see how this passive/aggressive revenge seeking classless unprofessional bint was ridiculous in this "interview". Who doesn't want to see her shine? It has been rumored for years how Stafford didn't want others to shine and how she went BTS and had stories changed. This is the same kunt who spit in a co-worker's face because "it enhanced the scene". She didn't want to work with Bergman, and now she appears to be shading Morrow? Is it a wonder why moRon loves this beast so much - both are not 1/2 as talented as they believe they are.

If someone who was NOT a sh!t starter made the comments Staff Infection made, I would understand. But this bitch and her need to dominate the screen and gets pissy because everyone doesn't see how wonderful she is? Lawd. So [!@#$%^&*] useless to the point of embarrassment! YR fans have no idea how lucky they really are!

• Members

Branco and Stafford are both idiots that talk too much. Who cares? On to the next one.

The endless Roger Howarth praise makes me sick.

Gina Tognoni can act circles around Michelle Stafford any day. I agree that Gina's not so great when she's thrown at random men and chem tested with them but she has talent and doesn't always have to be the center of attention which is what Stafford seems to always go for.

Archived