November 10-14, 2014: Good Week For GH

Toups

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well CBS did have a huge week the week before and they are tracking very closely to year before. DAYS, wow down 434,000! That must've been during the Kristen/Eric tape reveal. As far as current week, at least they are stable. Will be interesting now that EJ, Sami and, top a small extent, Kristen are all gone if the audience sticks with the show - I think they will, but the better have some compelling stories.

• Members

GH is doing fabulous it's truly been a November to remember. Y and R still held steady though which was a big Victoria week. DAYS at least gets a bump but it concerns me why it hasn't risen enough. Next year is the big 50 it better have great promotion and stories for the big anniversary.

• Members

Poor days, it's the final slide but the management should be fired for the way they handled ejami exit and the ramp up of other stories. Very passively and poorly plotted. The new stories should have kicked into higher gear sooner. And the show is fairly good as an ensemble without ejami but Melanie and her new friend played by Melissa Archer are not going to undo the slide. I don't think

• Members

Raven u are so right they should have been better prepared for Samis exit it's so huge for the show. Melanie is far from this fan favorite they are hyping her I couldn't stand the character at all. Melissa Archer I am intrigued with but I hope she's more spitfire early Natalie days. DAYS still has until September 2016 and it's always made it. It was supposed to be cancelled in 2009 but it has kept going. They need a new head writing team going into the 50th.

• Members

To be fair though, MarDar lasted less than a year and there seemed to be a lot of interference. The problem is Corday would rather play golf than pay attention to his show. I also don't think it helps that the show has to cater to NBC, Sony and Corday. Too many cooks in the kitchen.

• Members

I also think Tomlin and Whitesell have been with the show head writing two and half years. Let's remember Tomlin exec produced the show for three years and Whitesell wrote the show for three years before. So Corday must trust them. Honestly they did save DAYS in 2009 by chopping the budget and bringing in ratings for the baby storyline. Honestly u think they need fresh blood but after MarDar disaster they rather not make a change.

• Members

Here's my question about DAYS: is the production model so economical that it's worth the show being unable to respond to audience feedback? I think the Valentni model is overrated but at least they can make changes when something isn't working. DAYS is down almost half a million viewers since last year. Having shows in the can 4-5 months in advance seems like it produces diminishing results.

Archived