• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

I rarely talk on this forum but I have to say this...

They keep saying Bill sexually assaulted 50+ women. But people weren't paying attention to the stories. Many of those women said things like "he brushed up against my nipple in 1970", they were included in that 50+. Two women said he drugged and raped them. Last year the case was thrown out because the judge found they lied, he wasn't even in the country or at the event, they were included in that 50+. Another woman did a interview on TV and she said he ASKED her to give him fellatio. She did so willingly, not drugged, not forced. She's on television 40 years later crying saying she felt pressured, she could have left the room....shes counted in that 50+. Most of the cases had to be thrown out. This case, Andrea Constand. She claimed she was drugged and raped, she claimed she was a lesbian and would never sleep with a man. However there are text messages, and voicemails that prove she was seeing him romantically and she was still seeing him AFTER she claims he raped her. She has friends that say they were in a relationship...she lied many times. But she is the only one within the statute of limitations and the DA was elected on "I'm going to get Bill Cosby". Many of these women went on to continue to see Bill Cosby romantically after they claim he raped them. I can understand not going to the police. But if someone rapes you, do you continue to see them??? A serial black rapist of mainly white women in the 60's and 70's...NOBODY told the police, family or a friends? I urge people to go over these cases. Not just the blanket statements "He raped 50 women, He admitted it". He actually didn't admit it. He admitted to using Quaaludes which were a over the county party drug WIDELY used. Quaaludes stopped being made in 1984.

He's a educated black man of which some lighter shades fear.... This mostly Hannibal Buress fault... I'm surprised no one bought his name up again... This mostly about him trying to buy the NBC Network and trying to come back to the network a couple of years ago... The some breeds of the lighter shade will do anything to keep us down....

I don't condone his actions. But I just find it strange after all these years it comes up AFTER he decides to bring a new show on television.....

Just my two cents on the matter.

• Members

You're first instincts were right and you just should have not commented. Turning this into a racial issue discounts many of the women who came forward, regardless of whether you choose to believe them or not..

Second, I'd hardly say Cosby's career was at a high point the past 10 years. Yes much of that was due to age and him slowing down, but this idea he was persecuted because of the alleged purchase of NBC always struck me as some wacky conspiracy theory. I put him in the same bucket as Harvey Weinstein. Someone who had lost stature and who's trajectory was on the decline where perhaps women felt safer coming forward. We can look at how the Les Mooves allegations have been handled as to how those still wielding tons of power seem exempt and excused until an in your face moment occurs. And Moonves is still likely to get his 120 million dollar payoff. And he's still at CBS in a transitionary role.

As to discounting some of the women, that's your choice obviously but he was not convicted of assaulting 50 plus women was he and his sentence was in line with his current conviction.  

• 4 months later...