Bill Cosby

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Of course he did. Truth is an absolute defence to defamation and Beverly is telling the truth. Since it's a civil case it's the balance of probabilities as to who the judge or jury has to believe and there isn't a jury in the United States that would not side with Beverly Johnson. 

And Cosby is going blind? GOOD. Hopefully he'll fall down a flight of stairs and die. I've had my fill of his bullsh*t.

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

It's looking like he's going to get away with it.  If so, I hope his victims can look at the fact that he stood trial as some kind of victory. He almost got away with raping all of these women with his reputation in tact, so at least that didn't happen.

• Members

Not that long ago, someone (forget who) remarked how it seemed as if we had entered an era where the "bad guys" win...and, I'm sorry to say, I guess that'll be the case here as well.  But, OTOH, it's just like what you've said, Julia: I, too, hope his victims can count the fact that he was forced to face at least some of these women in a court of law as a moral, psychological and spiritual victory, if not a technical or legal one.

• Members

I agree.  

When that jury couldn't come to a verdict a few days ago, I knew it was going to benefit Cosby.

Between this and the Philando Castile verdict, I just knew not to expect much from anything.

Even in terms of Cosby's legacy, I feel pissed because The Cosby show was an entertaining show, a lot of people worked hard on it and now I won't be able to enjoy this.  I know I sound whiney about this but that's been snatched away because of Cosby's actions or perhaps because people in charge ignored Cosby's actions as I've come to understand that he had a decades' long history.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...