GH: November 2014 Discussion Thread

• Members

Everything about the whole week was stupid yet Ron is praising it left and right on twitter right now…...

How the hell does Nina think she would get away with passing Ava's baby as hers……just dumb

Too much blah blah with Michael…just shoot and tell him off while he is in pain….lol

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think this whole big fall for Sonny and Carly in Michael's eyes is something RC wanted to do, and so far I think that aspect of the story and the show is playing out well. We'll see how far they really take it, though I think they very clearly foreshadowed Michael taking the Quartermaine name, etc. in scenes early last month.

I think Ron's main priority, though, aside from that, is to present "Franco's side" - they have him getting these woobie speeches about learning to be a human being with Carly's love, and Carly betraying his trust, and blah blah blah.

I think Ron is cynically hoping to leverage the viewer hatred of Sonny and the mob canvas to benefit Franco and Howarth. Franco has given a couple speeches this week about the awful, awful things Sonny and Carly have done to Michael, etc. in between pitying himself, and these are clearly designed to be the (non-consensual, of course) mouthpiece of the audience. He's hoping to finally put Franco over with longtime fans by having him be the instrument of Sonny's destruction - 'you like him now, right?' And next, he hopes to redeem Franco and Nina (who is painted as a mentally unwell tool of her conniving mother) and pair them together as his new big stars who he thinks are wonderful together. He's been pushing them hard. Conveniently, they are also the two most unwatchable things on the show (Stafford slightly edges Howarth out). But Ron loves them, so I think we have another year of them as the "pairing of superstars/awesome troublemakers" coming to us before he gives up the ghost on one or both.

• Members

The problem with Nina (one of many) is that she knows what she's doing, yet then acts like the baby is hers with no grip of reality. Come on. I guess that's supposed to show us she's "crazy" but all I do is roll my eyes and I was actually open to nutty Nina causing havoc.

Too bad Heather couldn't have shot Kaka and Michael can shoot Sonny and both can rot in the bottom of the river with RealJason (you know who is SO going there someday if the show stays on the air). What, 3 years later, and Howarth, Alderson and Easton all STILL stand out on this show like sore thumbs. PLEASE cut your losses ABC and move on. Or should I say Frank, cut your losses and MOVE ON.

• Members

The Michael/Sonny/Carly destruction, return of AJ to Michael's life, etc. It all needed to happen and I am more than happy to have sat through it all (well, not ALL of it, lol). I'll give Ron this one. It's fan-ficcy, but one that I approve of and wanted to see happen.

I agree with Vee. I think it's clear who he wants to lead this show and the GH stars aren't it. He wants Howarth and Stafford hamming up the screen as he pats himself on teh back for how wonderful they are and how wonderful the writing is. And Stafford definitely edges Howarth out, though Stafford is frequently edged out by just about everyone else.

God, isn't she though?

I actually don't hate Morgan and Kaka together. I'd rather them than the forced insta non-sexual-chemistry between Duell and Anderson. Seriously, they're a couple? Of what?

Easton would go first but I can't see any of them leaving on their own except Howarth. Alderson has her boytoy and Frank and Ron cater to her because she grew up on OLTL so they have an adoration for her.

• Members

I think Ron (or maybe Frank) has no problem with keeping Sonny and Carly. But if they can't support his favored stars he'd rather keep them in their place. This qualifies.

I don't think anyone on this show is near Michelle Stafford's level of awful bullshit other than RH, who is really just doing his job, trying to serve up some knock-off Nikes "wacky Todd" [!@#$%^&*] that is painful to watch and possibly play but which the writers clearly love to write. Stafford is on a trip all her own.

• Members

OK, maybe I'm really naive, but I don't think this will happen. He admitted that the brain tumor wasn't the reason he did all those insane things.

Carly even admitting that Franco had Michael raped was shocking to me. Ron's GH has done Carly no favors at all.

He's tried to make the show more shocking to match the tone of the cable primetime shows and I'll admit the ratings seem to indicate that the larger audience approves, but I sort of miss the benign feeling of daytime. Having Ava shoot Connie in cold blood and then Sonny shoot AJ both seemed like a jarring shift into a rougher version of GH.

• Members

Ron hangs onto plenty of things for years and keeps them in his back pocket, but once he has them he can bore easily if something "better" comes along. Now he has a new toy and he thinks it's awesome to pair his top stars together. Carly and Franco are done.

• Members

Well, I actually was sort of joking about Franco and Carly to make my point, but honestly, would it really surprise anyone if they were, or if Franco were still obsessed withh her? I'd love for them to be 100% done but I don't trust Ron at all.

I don't think he's really trying to make GH anything other than what he thinks he wants it to be or what it should be. I'm not saying I've disagreed with everything he's done, and I appreciate who he's brought back, but he's throwing too much at the wall and hoping it sticks. Ava and Sonny killing those people will have no real repercussions. But when the general audience eats up a show like Scandal ... to each their own. I find that show vastly overrated.

• Members

Then at least I'll be able to feel he got one thing right.

As for Franco, I can only say that as a huge RH fan, Ron's failed at making me care about this character in any way. There is nothing there I care to see. I don't feel sorry for him, I don't think the fact that Carly is a cheater or Sonny is also a psycho, justifies Franco in anyway. The character is a waste of space. All any of this has accomplished is make me like Carly less and she was my favorite for a good 15 years.

That call between Nina and Franco at the end? Awful.

• Members

lzdLHMM.png?1

LOVED the Sonny and Michael controntation. Very great scenes that were worth the 17 year wait. Too bad I don't trust this to amount to much. Michael will likely forgive him by Christmas. They really should have had this be Sonny's swan song. The character seems so done and Maurice checked out years ago

Its so obvious Duke is gonna cheat with Lucy Hoe.

I'll play devil's advocate here as I saw "go Franco!" I don't feel sorry for Carly in the slightest and she deserves this. She was screwing around on a serial killer. How else did she really expect this to end? I have no problem with her suffering for her own stupidity as everyone and their mama warned her about him. You get that ho

• Members

I have enjoyed this week immensely. Franco I have to tolerate but the Carly/Michael, Ava/Nina, Ava/Sonny and Duke/Anna stuff has all been good. Scotty Baldwin I will love forever especially his glee at sticking it to everybody. He just never has a good word for anybody and there is no real reason why he should enjoy Anna arresting Duke except he is Scott and this is what he does. I love it. He always brings a smile to my face.

I don't mind the characters being killed off, I just wish they would come up with more inventive ways of killing them. Guns are so boring. Doesn't anyone use poison anymore?

• Members

Scott the other day all gleeful and in Anna and Dante's face was great. He was used as he should be and written, IMO, as he should be.

I wonder if anyone's compared the violence between Guza and ReRon's GH?

Really hope they stick with Michael turning on Sonny. Obviously he'll forgive Carly at some point. Carly was a non-character under Ron unless she was with Todd or Franco. She has had pretty much nothing else to do but share scenes with him. None of this was about Sonny and Carly. It was about Franco. And I take issue with that. Not that I care one iota about Sonny or Carly and think both are long past their expirations on this show (Carly to a much lesser degree). Carly was a fool with Franco and because it never made sense, it feels like they only went this way because deep deep down they knew this crap never washed with anyone. Their relationship was stupid from the start. Carly deserved what she got but when I still don't give a damn about "Poor Franco" then Ron's not doing his job, and neither is Howarth. Oops! Sorry! Brain tumor meant nothing! Let's rewind and have it be that Franco really IS that person. Come on ... that's what I mean about investing in ... nothing. It's really frustrating when I do see some good things out of this show every once in a while.

Just ask Nancy Grahn. Girl knows she won't get airtime unless she's attached to a pet [Julian]. Look how terribly Alexis is written to make them work. At least she owns up to it but it still doesn't make them at all appealing. I rolled my eyes so hard at Alexis all teary and googly eyed at Julian for wanting to help Danny. Could they lay it on any thicker?

Archived