Supergirl: Discussion Thread

• Members

But to be fair...aren't most shows standalone in their first season.

Glad to find the thread. Got scared. Bad, Toups. :P

All that said, I wouldn't call it standalone. There were arcs spreaded across the season.

So...what would people like to see?

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Big UGH! to this moving to CW. i guess the only plus side is that it got saved but Im not feeling this news. The worst aspect of the show is the girly material and romance aspect and I expect the CW to kick that up a notch instead of downplaying it

oh god I hope not

Edited by Cheap21

• Members

A superhero show is never going to be a big breakout on a network like CBS or Fox (I like how they still spin Gotham as a hit). If you want a cable or internet show, you're going to get the ratings for one. CBS has the ability to sneeze at 7 or 8 million viewers but the demo sucked. It won't get anywhere near what it did but if it's on par with the other superhero shows, it's fine. It's the better fit for a show like this and the CW will probably drag it on for years now.

• Members

They never have….Wonder Woman with Lynda Carter lasted 1 year on ABC before moving to CBS. On CBS it lasted just another 2 years. And this was back in the 70s when superheroes were all over Saturday morning cartoons. I think the longest running superhero if you can call him that was The Incredible Hulk on CBS. It lasted 5 years….Didnt a recent Superman on CW not sure of the channel last longer? I never watched so don't know…LOL

• Members

Spiderman also had a live action show that didn't last very long. The live action 60s Batman was the closest thing to a hit, but in terms of years it wasn't that long either, but shows also had 30 episode seasons in the 1960s. But none of them last long and don't really have high ratings. For The CW though, it's high ratings, but for the former WB, it's nothing. Smallville did well for a while, it lasted 10 or 11 years. I was a fan in the beginning but it got tired. I got the idea behind it, but I think it was a mistake to combine UPN and The WB.

But Benoist is a good star for the CW to have and a female led superhero drama is exactly what they need to combat the male led ones.

Edited by KMan101