Supergirl: Discussion Thread

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I don't understand the obsession with wanting Superman on the show. Obviously, they're tied together, can't get away from that, but let the show be on it's own. All you hear about it half the time is 'Superman' this and 'Superman' that.

I also don't know if Tom Welling would do it, or if they'd even ask him. Then they run having to potentially deal with Smallville's 10 year history and the expectation that Welling would now be Superman like he was when the show ended and that would tie all the DC shows together. Not an awful idea but Smallville did their own thing at times so ...

And with Welling, it's not him not wanting to wear the suit. He never wore it on Smallville because the show was never about Clark Kent wearing that suit. If he's asked to do Supergirl and wear the suit, I'm sure he would.

• Members

I think Superman needs to be more than some text message or a voiceless consoler on the other end of a conversation. The creators made it an issue when they brought James Olsen over from the Superman sphere, constantly talkin' about his BFF. Granted, they probably would have had to address the issue at some point, because it is Supergirl....but they pushed the issue appropriating some of the Superman universe.