Twin Peaks returning to TV??

Soapsuds

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Former staff writer Harley Peyton lent some credence to these rumors on FB, responding to inquiries from an author of a recent TP book called Revelations - full of interviews with the cast and crew, I believe, I'll have to check it out - by saying fans "will not be disappointed this time".

I hope it's true, but I can't get my hopes up. I'll die if it is.

• Members

I'm disappointed that some people (I don't mean soapsuds, I mean media people) are reporting this as fact, when it may not be.

WIth that said, if it is, Showtime's a good place for it. It would fit right in with shows like Penny Dreadful.

• Members

I think HBO (the cream of the crop) or Netflix is a better spot, but Showtime will do. I've just heard stories of them horning in on creatives in the past there, not that I think they'd dare with David Lynch.

• Members

So while we all wait and bite our nails for news of a future in TP or just another disappointing-yet-tantalizing tease, I have something to tide us over. Just like Jeff Giles's wonderful OLTL tome, there is now a fascinating new Twin Peaks oral history, full of interviews with cast and crew - but not David Lynch, of course. I haven't read much yet, but it seems very comprehensive.

Reflections: An Oral History of Twin Peaks by Brad Dukes is now on Amazon for sale as hard copy or an e-book for your Kindle, iPad, etc. Please check it out. I had fun with the OLTL book, but I can't get an aneurysm transcribing another book off my iPad.

• Members

Sherilyn Fenn claims the "original plan" for the show before it officially went to series was for Cooper to be "paired with Joan Chen" until they saw him and Audrey together.

Harley Peyton, in turn, says that in the season hiatus, many actors made a point to change their look and ask the show to accommodate it - Sherilyn Fenn wanted out of the bobby-sox look for Audrey and be "more of a Katharine Hepburn," while Lara Flynn Boyle made a very pointed attempt to turn Donna dark and sultry, a la Audrey. Fenn also comments on the LFB issue more. Most everyone blames Lara Flynn Boyle for the dropping of the Cooper/Audrey romance (LFB and MacLachlan were involved, and she was purported to be deeply insecure about Audrey's popularity vs. Donna's) and say it was to be the axis of the second half of Season 2. MacLachlan's comments about the issue are muted and diplomatic - he is very tight with Lynch then and today, and as a friend Lynch apparently could not refuse his request at the time. I do get the impression he feels sheepish about it today. Lara Flynn Boyle, who is an absolute mess these days, is one of few not interviewed.

Joan Chen left because she wanted to do a film, but Lynch had apparently had more plans for Josie regardless - the drawer pull was his idea, and baffled most of the writers. (Josie was also cut from the finale in the Black Lodge, though her stand-in filmed scenes there for Chen.) Most of the finale, it seems, was re-made by Lynch on the spot, while filming.

Piper Laurie says Jack Nance did not realize she was "Fumio Yamaguchi" until the very end. And Wendy Robie loved Nadine the cheerleader.

Archived