Twin Peaks returning to TV??

Soapsuds

• Members

As an acting challenge I could see why she would like it. Otherwise, bleh.

On paper Josie/Cooper makes sense, but I'm so glad they didn't do that.

I still wonder if they ever planned to address Josie/Laura on the show.

Thanks for showing us this stuff.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There is much more, but I cannot do the kind of transcription work I did on the OLTL book, nor is it a truly grass-roots, no table of contents affair like Jeff Giles' book - I'd feel like I'm infringing. I highly recommend reading it.

Ian Buchanan's stuff is great, incidentally. And one of the writers, Tricia Brock, now works on TWD as a director and said Andrew Lincoln was bowled over when he discovered she'd worked on TP.

Kimmy Robertson, who has been very vocal about her dissatisfaction with much of her stuff in Season 2, said she actually loved Little Nicky. (Incidentally, Harry Goz/Andy started out as David Lynch's driver.)

• Members

This has always been a series I have intended to watch but have only gotten through the first three or four eps. I guess now I need to get going! I'm just glad that a scripted drama is getting a greenlight instead of all of this "reality" crap. Go #TwinPeaks!

• Members

In the many interviews with Frost, all of them worth reading, he indicates he and Lynch have been thinking about this for several years.

It was clear to me Lynch was softening on the idea a while back, as he started making less definitive statements about the show not having a future. In the past he would say things like the town of Twin Peaks is still out there, we just can't see it; more recently, he began saying things like you never know, anything can happen, etc. He became heavily involved with the Blu-Ray set and releasing and remastering the deleted material from FWWM, something he was once reluctant to do - for a long time he just didn't like going backwards.

When he filmed a piece with all of the Palmer family in character as Laura, Leland and Sarah for the new set, I became very suspicious. I thought it could be just a nice one-off, but I suspected it was some sort of trial run for something more. And Ray Wise has obviously known something - he's been hinting at it for ages and ages. Couple that with Lynch's getting back in touch with several key castmembers (like his longtime repertory player Everett McGill, Big Ed, who he asked Twitter to help him track down in August) and attending more and more TP events, and I am not entirely surprised.

Well, I am and I'm not. I mean, recently, yes, I became suspicious, but we've been tricked before. Overall, no, I never, ever, ever thought this would happen. I knew the soaps would come back, I know they will again someday. But Twin Peaks? I would never have believed it. It is one of the defining experiences of my childhood, watching it on ABC with my mom.

Wow. Just wow.

Archived