Things Soaps Use To Do, That You Think They Should Bring Back ?

• Members

I miss the days when a character would leave town and it'd be a real goodbye, not an opportunity yet another ratings-grabbing death, or worse, it'd be a non-event (so-and-so would just stop appearing with no explanation whatsoever). As far as I know, ATWT's Billy Ross, as played by Hunter Garner --who, granted, wasn't well-like among a lot of fans -- is still at that castle in Scotland, waiting to get back to Oakdale.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Over at another site, I have an online soap called "Somerset", which is a continuation of the old NBC soap but it picks up over 30 years after the previous edition ended.

Even though it's set in current times, it still uses an announcer (Bill Wolff), after every fade out you hear "We'll return to Somerset in just a moment"... and at the end the credits include Bill saying stuff like "Women's fashions for today's show by Liz Claiborne" or something along those lines.

It gives today's audience kind of an idea of the shows we used to watch. Or tries, anyway.

• Members

Looking back I really enjoy 30 min soaps better. THe stories seem to have been plotted better and even thise "Filler" scenes as some call it now had awesome character moments and those moments are missing now.

I was happy that the PP prods were getting back to those moments.like Viki/Nora at Shelter having dinner talking ablout her radio show & buchanan men.

Archived