Daytime Actors Who Use To Be So Good, But Then Started Phoning It In.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

He has to get good first. ;)

I wouldn't accuse Robin Strasser of phoning in even her hotline. Does she exaggerate (i.e., chew scenery) in order to overcome subpar material? Definitely. She's someone who is always in need of a good director who knows how to reel her in. But phoning it in? I'd have to respectfully disagree there.

• Members

With her incredible talent and delicious voice, she could get away with delivering her lines with just the required amount of energy, but towards the end of her GL run, Beverlee McKinsey seemed exhausted. And she was, we'd find out.

• Members

Beat me to it.

However, Hogestyn wasn't bad in some stuff I've seen from 1987-88 and I like a lot of his work with Genie Francis. I'll give him credit for the start of RoboJohn, too. He dumped all of his familiar catchphrases and twitching and the smarmy character actually worked ... until they let him start warming up to Marlena again and the Paul Hollingsworth storyline.

After Wayne Northrop's depature, Hogestyn and Dee Hall brought out some of the worst in each other.

• Members

For some reasons I dont thinki Jon Aniston is phoniing it in but playing the character the way he thinks he is supposed to play it.

He doesnt have much range tbh but there is a little something that makes his noticeably limited portrayal kind of endearing somehow.

Dont ask me to explain it better than this because I really cant but he wouldnt be the first one i would single out on DAYS as a "phoner"

Archived