Beloved characters you now hate.

• Members

All the anti Luke and Tony Geary talk has me thinking about all the soaps have somebody that nearly everyone once enjoyed, but now can't stand to watch.

GH- has to be Luke. I don't even mind Geary wants him to be dark, just don't try to tell me he was always like he is now. I watched the show. He was not the bastard he is now. Fluke isn't all that far from what he wants Luke to be like.

DAYS- Jennifer Horton was a fun, spunky character that would do anything for her family and friends, and now she is a sanctimonious twit.

Y&R- Jack Abbot. I am shocked to even think this, but if the center of the Abbot family on the show is PB's jack, then I might be ready for them to go. I don't know when it happened, but I can't stand him anymore.

Anyone else have similar feelings about once beloved characters?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If we're talking about Y&R, then Jack is hardly the problem for me. I would say, give or take a decade of bad stories, Jack is just being Jack. Victor, on the other hand, has not only been severely, utterly decimated as a character, but EB has accentuated all the ugly qualities of Victor as well as his acting that I once could take in small doses and now relies on them almost exclusively.

He is one of THE worst, most unbearable things about the show right now. I don't want him gone, surprisingly, but I also can't stand him LOL

• Members

This isn't the case for me, but Liz Webber. She was popular until like 2006 and then it went downhill from there.

Sharon Newman, although i still like her.

This isn't the case for me, but Liz Webber. She was popular until like 2006 and then it went downhill from there.

Sharon Newman, although i still like her.

Archived