Saved By The Bell ..The Unauthorized Story

Soapsuds

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL

http://www.eonline.com/news/575235/sorry-screech-lifetime-s-saved-by-the-bell-movie-totally-tanked-in-the-ratings?cmpid=sn-000000-twitterfeed-365-kristin&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=twitterfeed_kristin&dlvrit=51396

Sorry, Screech! Lifetime's Saved By the Bell Movie Totally Tanked in the Ratings

Despite all the buzz The Unauthorized Saved By the Bell Story churned up in the weeks leading up to the Labor Day premiere and all your tweets, it wasn't quite the hit Lifetime may have had in mind. In fact, it totally tanked in the ratings!

According to The Hollywood Reporter, the two-hour TV movie premiered to only 1.6 million total viewers for the 9 p.m. airing, averaging 1.1 million among the 18-49 and 25-54 key demos. Yikes.

• Members

I loved it! I thought it was better than most expected. I liked all the casting. The guy playing Mark Paul though came across too small, like a little twerp, but his acting was alright

Man was young Dustin annoying. I didn't like how it revolved around he and Screech

They showed the graduation as the last thing, but wasn't that filmed BEFORE Tiffani and Elizabeth left the show? Im pretty sure that pre-dated Tori as they held the episode until that season ended

• Members

I watched a tiny bit of it -- the scene where they were mobbed outside of their limo and MPG's shirt got ripped off up to when the girls went to the boys with the idea of doing more social issues stories. It wasn't THAT bad. I think the bad ratings were mostly the fault of it being on a Monday.

And MERCEHHHH at that clip. Sitcoms in the 80s and 90s used to give us stuff like that.

• Members

I was confused by that as well. I had read that they filmed 13 episodes with Tiffani and Elizabeth including the graduation episode than the show was renewed for 13 more but those two didn't want to continue so they brought in Tori. I did read that when they originally aired they went back and forth between Kelly/Jessie episodes and Tori episodes. I remember watching it in syndication and they aired all Kelly/Jessie than the Tori Episodes before ending with the graduation episode.

All the kids looked to young to be playing the actors as they aged through the series. The kid playing Screech/Dustin didn't look goofy enough to play him.

• Members

I thought it was actually good but missing a lot in it. The whole Tiffany vs Lark was just because of Mark Paul and nothing else. That happens a lot with a guy and two girls wanting same person. Was Jessie in the college years? I recall some of the cast missing during it that were in the original. I don't think Tori did too many episodes as they mixed them with episodes Kelly and Jessie already taped. The ending with Screech doing the where are they now was very outdated and didnt include other work done by Tiffany and Mark Paul.

Archived