GH’s Head Writer Ron Carlivati Interview: The Making Of The Nurses Ball 2014!

• Members

I still would like to know what Ron and Frank's salaries have to do with anything. Is EastMA saying we complain only b/c we're jealous? If so, then I'd like to say, Ron and Frank could be paid in Nad's and I'd still complain about their godawful mess of a soap opera.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

How long have you been watching, EastMA, because I have been watching GH for 36 years. If my opinions offend you, I'm sorry, but Ron's version of GH is one of the worst eras storywise. The writing is inconsistent and rushed. The reveals are half *ssed, and the characters most people care about are not being utilized. Years ago, nurses were utilized as nurses and not just standing around talking about themselves[save Amy Vining].The use of his pets is not only annoying but sometimes enough to turn off the show.

I've sat through Casey the alien, the Eckerts, the mob wars, etc., but I never wanted to turn it off. Anyone who praises This[ahem]

writing style deserves the show they watch. I just want the show I like to be worthy of its fans.

• Members

Say what you will about Casey the Alien -- and my God we could say a ton about that story -- but even that whacked-out mess didn't have characters behaving abnormally. I defy anyone to tell me Tracy Quartermaine is behaving the way Tracy Quartermaine would around Not!Luke. (And no, I don't buy she's only playing dumb to trap Luke down the road. Ron simply isn't smart enough to write it that way.)

• Members

Yep! So then Ron can crow about how this was "planned all along" and then he will act smug and put everyone who complained in their place. I just hate his behavior.

And I couldn't get over how he and Frank seem to have thought this was one of the best balls ever. They kept promoting the acts on Twitter and I just shook my head. Luke singing was not brilliant. Kaka was just dreadful and the women looked like really badly done up hookers in their song and dance. Not to mention the pointless gyrating of the men.

Everyone else has summed up why Ron sucks. He wants the "shocking moments" and when there is finally heart thrown into scenes, it rings hollow because there was no buildup to anything. Things just ... happen.

And LOL at being bullies. No. Go on Twitter and you'll see the bullies.

• Members

I agree with some of this.

Because the majority of posters here enjoy hating on Frank Valentini and Ron Carlivati on a daily basis, whenever somebody has a different opinion, they are ridiculed or at the very least get an eye roll emoticon simply for not thinking like them.

It's almost like a Mean Girls clique.

• Members

TBH, I can't remember the last time someone on this forum voiced a dissenting opinion about Ron and Frank and GH. But I have noticed how a few who were fans of them have changed their minds as time has rolled on.

• Members

Yeah I enjoyed Cartini's OLTL and GH til about fall 2013 and its been downhill ever since. Their vision is just so start stop disjointed but I am gH fan for life and will always watch

What Cartini is doing to GH now is what Dena Higley did to OLTL from 2004-07. Characters being used but being unrecognizable

• Members

It's a TOTAL clique on here. This a negative board. Complain, complain,complain. I happen to LIKE GH and Ron and Frank's vision. I'm happy to support the soaps, but that doesn't seem to be allowed on here, without being ridiculed for my opinion.

• Members

How about participating in the discussion and telling us why you like them. Actual discussion and reasons. I welcome that. I don't see the bullying and badgering. I just don't. I'm asking you to actually particpate. You aren't always going to like someone's response but that doesn't make them wrong, either, just like it doesn't make you wrong. We all like and enjoy what we like and enjoy. We're free to express our dislike just like you can express your like of them, but instead you spend time posting about how awful this board is and how critical everyone is. I don't get that. Why not actually try participating in the discussion?

Archived