Y&R: Recasting

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I still think it's a bit early to even bring the character back. The stories she's going to impact are going to be so much more rewarding once the characters truly aren't even thinking about her anymore.

• Members

ITA with that sentiment. As I mentioned in my first post way back - with DT still settling in, NuAdam due soon, it's too soon. Let Jack get settled with NuKelly, Shick get back on solid ground and drop the Phyllis bomb later this year. Maybe they figure that it will take a long time to get the right actress, so they put this out or it could just be a red herring (no pun intended) in light of MS' GH casting. If anything, based on the fervor it's caused on the board, it shows that fans are still interested in the character. The truth is that all the fallout related to Phyllis could be achieved in other ways - Sharon remembering and coming clean (since she's well now). All the dominoes would fall - Nick's outrage, but elation that Summer is his, Jack's devastation, Victor being proven right. The Phyllis character doesn't need to be there, except for the fact that Summer won't have her mother. The tie to Jack is gone.

Archived