Empire: Discussion Thread

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I'm okay with Naomi's acting. I just miss me some Tianna!! I crack up when I see Naomi in scenes with Bryshere. She towers over him. She had some serious chemistry with Terrance.

I was trying to think of a younger actress who could really play opposite of Taraji and I'd love to see Tika Sumpter. I think those two would be soo fun together. She could play one of Lucious side pieces.

No offense to Grace Gealey at all, it's just a matter of time before someone pops up to give both ladies a little twist. Or even someone for Andre. Rhonda too needs someone else to sink those delicious claws of hers into. Maybe an old college fling or something.

In the end, I have a feeling Miss Anika is going to find out about Bunky and blackmail Lucious. It's the perfect roadblock to throw in the way of Cookie and Lucious reuniting fully. I wouldn't be surprised if Miss Anika pops out a kid or two for Lucious. It would be the perfect transition towards Cookie and Malcolm which can't happen soon enough.

• Members

Yessss to Tika. Run from Atlanta, Tika. RUN.

LOVED this last episode. Loved every second of it.

That little girl is adorable. I doubt she's Jamal's after seeing all of them bond with her (I do think there should have been a followup scene this week with her though, even though I don't mind picking up story threads episodes later ... but they're almost starting to border on too much going on). At least Michael hit the road. For good, I hope. BYE.

Courtney Love has been great. Poor Elle. I felt terrible for her but the second Anika sat down with her I was waiting for that vial to come out and YASSSS it did! Disgusting and awful to do but Anika was taken to a different level after that. I'm not sure they needed to have her do that but I'm also not hating it either.

I'm ready to see more of Andre and Rhonda. Both actors are good and I enjoyed the shower scene. I also like that Rhonda and Andre are "real" with each other (meaning they aren't using each other like I sort of worried about initially, at least with Rhonda). According to Chaiken or whatever her name is, they are solid with each other. I'm glad about that. They intrigue the hell out of me. I can't wait for Rhonda to get a real rival. Oh my.

Terrence Howard was fantastic this episode. I loved everything. Lucious collapsing, being hospitalized, torn between Anika and Cookie in different scenarios (and Anika looking PRESSED when he said "I love you Cookie" was gold) ... it was good. I thought Lucious telling his family all at the same time was nice and I enjoyed the boys surrounding him and Andre reacting how he did. I like being reminded they do love each other and will have each other's backs at the end of the day.

YAASSS Cookie, get that dick girl! I'm ready for her to pounce on Malcolm too. LOVED Cookie's speech. Absolute perfection. I'm dying to see her interact with "Yoko Ono" soon. Those scenes look delicious. I also want her to interact with Raven and Olivia. That could be good as well.

I thought Naomi did fine with what she was given. Agreed with AMS though, if it was more than what she's given I'd probably not feel the same way but they give her just enough and she does it well enough that I enjoy it and it works. I loved loved loved her reaction to bae. I hate that word so much.

What a damn good show this is. Just solid.

Edited by KMan101