Empire: Discussion Thread

• Members

I loved seeing Courtney Love, I have always been a fan of hers, despite her troubles. She is one of life's survivors. In her Entertainment Weekly article, she notes that Taraji is somewhere between Dame Elizabeth Taylor and Dame Joan Collins. I love that comparison.

Great episode. The ending!

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

When I saw the ending I was like "Yaaaaassss" even though I already knew it was coming I was still shocked. Can't wait to see Cookie's reaction to being a grandma.

Taraji is so beautiful :wub:

LMAO. You are a mess! :lol: Next Wednesday needs to hurry along. Screw Thursday thru Tuesday.

• Members

Raven-Symone already fits perfectly. Please let her hang around for a while.

I hope they let Derek Luke be a real rival for Lucious with Cookie. And I liked that we got to see more of Andre and Vernon developing. They take their turn on different people each week, and it works.

I hope they give Michael a little more time to develop, though I know his sweet romance with Jamal is doomed. He's there to be the sweet first boyfriend who gets dropped on the rise to fame. And that's fine, but I'd still give him a little more.

I enjoyed Courtney, but I am not here for that godawful Eagles-esque track they had her doing. This is 2015 - experiment. I hope Cookie dumps it.

I laughed at Lucious' gospel play freakout in the preview. I knew that Russian poison was no good!

Edited by Vee

• Members

Maybe Dora could become a stalker down the road...feeling unneeded and unloved by Jamal. The seeds have been sewn if the show opts to go that route.

I did view Elle Dallas as the professional cookie in terms of being one of the first successful artists for the label then tossed out when the going gets tough...makes cookie wanting to help her make even more sense.

• Members

I'm gonna need Dora to go away. He had me feeling bad for Jamal for a second (make that a millisecond). If Dora had a job, he would not worry about Jamal every second of every day. Pathetic!

Courtney Love looks like death struck twice! Good Lord! Does she have good days anymore? Yuck!

They need to fix my Lucious and fast! Vultures are poised so I need my baby strong!

Cookie Cookie Cookie. Lawd!!!!! Thank you POS...I mean POI for the very bad decision to let TP go. THANK YOU!

I understand Cookie and Hakeem's relationship is strained, but her treatment of him and the competition with her sons is kind of disturbing. She acts as if she hates him. That is not how this relationship should be developing. Fix this!

Love love love the way Raven (who's playing Olivia again) played her intro. Not some sad week pathetic character, but you know this chick got dollar signs tattooed on every inch of her body. That heifer wants some of Empire too. Love it. Please keep her!

It needs to be next Wednesday tomorrow! I can't wait another 7 days!!!!!

• Members

isnt Dora in cullinary school? Its not like he's just lounging around doing nothing with his life. I felt bad for him last night. I dont think Jamal quite understands how all these changes are feeing for him.

Cookie and Hakeem's relationship is what it is. I dont think it needs to be fixxed anytime soon. She already has the love of the older two. Hakeem provides some conflict and i think they will bond sooner or later. I do agree that I dont like how she's pitting Jamal against him but Lucious is just as much to blame for that. Its more of a power play between the parents and the kids unfortuantely are collateral damage

Everyone is assuming that Jamal has a kid but Raven's character could be lying. I wonder why she is coming forward now. Jamal may be about to blow up, but he comes from long money so if she wanted to cash out, she could have done so years ago

• Members

Yes he's in culinary school, but apparently, he still has too many hours in the day to bitch and moan and worry about what Jamal is doing. And since when can't you be in food school and work at the same time? While working on my degree, I had a child and worked full time. Dora needs to find something to occupy his time!

I think if Olivia is claiming that little beauty is Jamal's, she more than likely has receipts. Dumb Jamal! All it takes is once!

• Members

I like that Raven's character has the same name she had when she was on The Cosby Show.

Michael needs to just pack his stuff up and accept that he's lost. Cookie did him a favor by telling him the truth and he needs to listen, be grateful and step. I'll be VERY interested to see who actually becomes the love interest for Jamal that is everything Cookie said because you know that's coming. Cookie said he needs a man who can be a real partner to him but I can't imagine that whoever that turns out to be will be happy to sit in the closet while Jamal dithers back and forth. Let the fantasy casting begin!

I really liked seeing Courtney Love. There's something about her that has always made me root for her even back when she was an addict. I really liked seeing Cookie be supportive to someone she isn't related to. Elle is a perfect vehicle to help us learn more about Cookie and Love playes very well off Taraji.

It's been so long since I've had a show that had me jonesing for the next ep the moment the credits start rolling. Part of me wishes this was on Netflix so I could just binge-watch the [!@#$%^&*] out of it.

Edited by marceline

• Members

Hell yes. I've had that thought so many times.

I don't feel that Cookie hates Hakeem. She wanted to go over to his place and help him, but he rejected her. We know that he's a little skeeved out by her because he's having sex with someone he's referring to as "mommy". She doesn't know that he freaks out every time he tries to touch him because he has some miss placed sexual stuff going on, so I see why she's wary about continuing to try. I think she should and she will eventually get through to him though. I guess I was more impressed that she has tried to help him twice, even though he's on the opposite 'team" in this competition.