Empire: Discussion Thread

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I can just see Carlivati's trifling mind furiously searching for a way to squeeze in an Empire reference even though it's on another network.

I do wonder what it's like for the people who have been killing daytime soaps because of all the reasons we know so well (lack of diversity, shame about the genre, outdated ideas about human sexuality, etc...) to see an "out and proud" soap become a breakout success by embracing all those things.

• Members

I was on a website & it said that Jamal had a cd out before & it was a flop. Maybe that's why he wasn't in a rush to do music. That's why he should have been working inside the company for his father, Writing and arranging music for other artist, then start featuring in some of these artists songs.

• Members

I like the way that TH is portraying Lucious's feelings for Jamal. I definitely think that Lucious has love and affection for Jamal. Granted it's mixed with some disapproval but it's definitely not hate. I am looking forward to see what happens between Lucious and Jamal, especially now that Jamal is going to try and make it on his own.

I could see Jamal trying to avoid Lucious, for a while, (unless he wants to confront him about something) and if that happens, I think it will be interesting to watch. I think that if Jamal doesn't really want anything to do with Lucious, that is going to really bother Lucious. I could see him keeping tabs on Jamal, and still finding reasons to get in Jamal's face and try and talk with him.

Jamal/Lucious is one of my favorite relationships dynamics on this show along with Cookie/Lucious.

• Members

Well darling, you're going to lose. We're married and already planning to adopt children. I've already started looking our new home, furnishings, etc. while he works hard on Empire.

But you'd have a better shot at his older brother, Jojo. Or his younger brothers, Jocqui or Jake. But no to Jussie. That's MY property. You're one of my nearest and dearest friends but I'd hate to have to cut you over my bae.

tumblr_inline_nduwdzMZsP1sek354.gif

Edited by Nothin'ButAttitude