Empire: Discussion Thread

• Members

I kinda like the estranged bond between her and Hakeem. It's gonna make it that much more touching when the dumbo finally realizes that she's his mom and that she's only ever loved him.

The way she demanded his hand at the dinner was just perfection. I love the way Tariji can express both exasperation and frustration with the boy but at the same time yearning for his love. Just like Terrence Howard again blows me away with his subtle acting. The looks he was giving Jamal and Cookie throughout the little piano scene just speak for hours and hours. The pain and love were all there.

This Anita chick is so basic. I don't buy that she's a threat or that stupid line about slitting Cookie's throat without being bothered or something. it was wack as hell like herself!

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The only thing I hope the show corrects is making the scenes just a little longer.. not Tyler Petty long.. but maybe an extra minute to a scene here and there. However, I do like what I'm seeing thus far.

More curious about Andres marriage.. that is some out there stuff we've seen in episode 2 and 3. I do wish they would make Anika a little stronger.. we have potential for a modern day Alexis and Krystal, but it hasn't been realized yet.

• Members

LOL...I like Jamal but that bothers me. He isnt taking the bare minimum like an affordable studio apartment; he is living in a $12K/month loft on his father's dime. Im surprised Lucifer didnt forbid him from having a live-in bf there. I think the attitude is a bit ridiculous giving up until last night he was still being supported by his father. How old is he, like 25? He should be a man and pay his own way. Nothing hurts a controlling person more than letting them know you dont need them. If he doesnt want to put up with his father's crap, tehn he should have been moved out and found a way to support himself. He's not a teenager afterall and really doesnt need Lucifer's money

• Members

Oh, Chit, please! He grew up with that and now he's choosing to stand on his own. A lot of young people raised in luxury wouldn't even think of it. I love mean ol' Lucious and Howard's performance too, but he's wrong for what he's done and Jamal is right to stand up.

• Members

Me too! When Jamal stormed out I expected to hear Michael say, "Why'd you say we'd be gone in 15 minutes?! Couldn't you have at least said we'd leave by the end of the week? Damn!"

But when you think about it this is very Dynasty isn't it? None of those Carrington kids were living in the projects. They were all perfectly happy to pad around the Carrington mansion well into their 30s.

Edited by marceline

• Members

^ Right and even on Dallas Bobby was probably 30 years old and living at SouthFork, even though Jock/JR were constantly disrespecting him and Pam.

Speaking of Dallas, Lucious makes me think of how JR might have been if he ever got to be the patriarch on original Dallas.

Edited by Juliajms