Days: May sweeps preview

• Members

Zzzz. DAYS at least usually TRIES.

This sounds like more of the same.

I'm also not very thrilled they're taking the typical route of having Bev be the bad girl against Paige the VERY boring good girl. Yawn. Bev is fairly well liked from what I can tell so I just don't see the point.

And Jordan/Rafe is absolutely more of the same. Kate deserves better than this.

Wonder what John does? Does he nearly have sex with Jeannie like he did with Kristen? Yawn.

And another threat to ruin Jennifer and Daniel? Please. NO ONE CARES. NO ONE.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well this is the best teen scene Days has had in years. In fact this may be the teen scene they had since Belle & shawn D griup

Mel, Nick, Jeremy, Chelsea, & Stephanie we all in their 20's right when introduced?

• Members

They are realistic to a degree. I agree with that. Pot smoking is far more common than many probably realize or want to acknowledge.

I'd take that group back as well as Bev, JJ, Rory, Paige & Mary Beth. We need a much better 20-something group than just Abby and Model Boy. I guess we're getting a recast Chad. Why? Won't he and Model Boy look similar? Do we really need both?

I also hate what's become of Nick. I don't mind him flawed or even a little nutso, but blah to him as this controlling, manipulative borderline lunatic (and near rapist).

• Members

There's alot that could be done with the characters of JJ, Paige, Rory, Bev, and Mary Beth if the writers actually took the time in developing them and building their character. They should really look at the vet characters when they were teens such as Bo (even though I don't think he was considered a teen), Hope, Jennifer, Melissa, Frankie, Glenn, Eve, and the high school girls Jen had to deal with as well. They were written realistic to me and had much more spunk and a lot of character. All of their interactions with the vets then as their parents were great and really added depth to the show and families. Look at the relationship of Julie/Hope then with Doug raising Hope and yes, spoiling her. Look at how Melissa interacted at first with Maggie and her relationship with Mickey. Think about the way Jennifer was when dealing with Laura's illness and Bill not being there all the time for her and Mike. Look at how Frankie grew with the Brady's and his romance with Jennifer. I loved the triangle with Frankie/Jennifer/Glenn and how it was innocent, sweet, and without manipulation. Eve was a great addition as a teen and schemed well to come between Shane and Kimberly, but grew to accept and love Kimberly. MY POINT is that there is potential there with the teens if the writers truly plan and embed some depth into these characters.

JJ is good and yes he does need his edge back. But I would like for them to really flush out the Deveraux side of him. Jack was cunning, often times sneaky, but he was a man who had a hard time understanding his feelings and expressing them clear enough to Jennifer, especially at the beginning of their romance. JJ doesn't need to have an issue expressing his feelings but he should be a little more charismatic in a sense. There's potential there. Paige is sweet, but who is she? Where's her family? Who does she live with? Is she some little rich girl, shy girl, or girl with a troubled past with her family? I would like to see her a part of a middle class family who is not struggling necessarily, but they are down-home people. BEV, we know her family has money, so it would be nice to see a "bitchy" teenage girl who goes after what she wants no matter what. I think the actress who plays her could really pulll that off and do an awesome job. Yes bring back the fur coats, diamond earrings, galas, dances, etc. It would be nice to see an older male character cast to play her rich father and Bev being very spoiled by him. Eventually Bev could later become more grounded if the writers decided to keep with the character and she end up in a great romance. I think long term future when I think about characters and characterization. Would be a great time to maybe bring in the dashing Andrew Donovan. Rory there could be some better use to him, I would need to think on his character for a minute. Mary Beth has potential to be a troublemaker, but what's her deal. Is she a starting step into bringing diversity to Days? I think there is a lot they could do with these characters especially since the summer is approaching. HOWEVER, since DAYS films like 36 months ahead, those ideas would not be able to take place.

I think DAYS had a great 20something group going for them when they had Nathan, Mel, Philip, Stephanie, Jeremy, Jett. Granted they did very little with Jett Carver, but they could have had something good with him. Nathan and Mel were dynamite, but they missed the boat big time. Philip was on his way to being a true Kiriakis like Victor was, but the actor left and the show missed a golden opportunity to recast which I think would have been successful. Stephanie was good and if they would have thought hard when Owen had abducted her for the Dimera's during the Dimera/Kiriakis fued, they could have eventually been a good love story. There was chemistry there between the two actors. Jeremy should have been more involved with the Horton's and the hospital as a young intern with Nathan. Again a missed opportunity to do something great ad rebuild and re-establish a core family.

I want to say that I love to hate Nick Fallon. I love the character and the way he has been written thus far is not bad. He's a schemer, conniving, manipulative villain that the show desperatley needed. And it's not a far-fetch thing that he is a Horton and doing all these bad things. When I think about soaps in the past, there was always a "bad seed" sort of related to the core family who caused a lot of problems. He's definitely flawed. I like the way he is being written, his character now has dimensions to him. He went from a nerdy, smart genius, to a little stalker and "murderer" to a convict to a free man, to "supposedly dead" now making lives of characters hell. It would be a far-fetched idea if Nick had a split-personailty like his mother Jessica had. The one thing that I would love is if he really ended up in a true good romance like his parents Jessica and Joshua. Nick and Gabi are a fail to me as a couple in the past and a snooze to me right now. There are actresses out there who have dynamic chemistry with I am sure.

This post is longer than what I expected, so I will end it now. But I will say that I enjoy Abby and love her chemistry with EJ. The Ben recast may have been a smart move. I don't know if I want an Abby and Ben pairing though. But I hope they really do something with his character. WHAT I NEED for the writers to do is re-establish the Hortons and Bradys better. Get the Carvers up and running again. The Dimeras and Kiriakises need to be better utilized. Adn it would be nice to see some Andersons, Grants, Johnsons, Donovans, Ramirez a little more!

• Members

Nick is the way he is for the plot now. That's why I don't like it. They abandoned even trying to give him depth, IMHO. They did a better job when he came back and we saw his mother and they explained what happened in prison.

I guess I buy him just losing it after being hit by a rock and tossed in the river to die, but it's for the plot and nothing more. He was written better before the river toss.

Alex was conniving. Not a borderline monster (IMO, though I guess some could disagree). Nick does fit a lot of those qualities. I'm not saying he needs to be the boring do-gooder.

• Members

I really wasn't a fan of that group. They all seemed really superficial and cheap to me... except for Philip, of course. Hard to believe one can view that set of characters through rose-colored glasses. "Touch the Sky" was awful, IMO.

• Members

Philip didn't belong in that age group. He went from Shawn/Belle/Chloe to Stephanie/Nathan/Melanie. You could tell from his acting that Jay didn't care as much, at least not during his last year on the show. Though I did like him with Stephanie at first, but they should have continued with the path they took him in 2007-2009 as the new Victor.

• Members

Oh I agree that "Touch the Sky" story was beyond awful! But what I said was the characters had potential. Nathan and Melanie had an "IT" factor. There was definite solid chemistry with these two characters/actors. If they were written correctly, which at first they were, involving Philip and Stephanie as two people who were trying to keep them apart, had gold. The idea of having Jeremy Horton there was good. It was a way to bring the Hortons forefront again. He should have been brought in as a Salem University Hospital Intern. Jett Carver could have been the same or at least a new rookie cop. I don't think they were at all superficial. There was potential. It's even better when you have capable writers.

Archived