BRAVO: Vanderpump Rules

rlj

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I finished last season yesterday and Im glad I did as I have a better grasp of the group dynamics going into the current season. It especially enlightning looking for clues to things I now know

RHP0XAx.jpg

Tom's face when he learns of Raquel ending the engagement says alot. It looks like the face of guilt. Was he smashing her then? He even started crying at one point

A big part of Raquel's story was her bad nose job and getting it fixxed and honestly I saw nothing wrong with it before nor a change after she got the new work.

Bravo was  so shady to play that montage of Lala defending Randall admist him cheating on her and his sex/drug scandal

Brock is a grifter. He talks casually about slapping his ex but at least he was honest! He is cheap as hell to try and piggyback off of Jame's engagement part to have his wedding. So damn tacky

I thought Jax and Brittany were fired along with the rest but I heard that they left on their own. Is there a reason why they didnt make any appearances? They got talked about a bit and Andy even asked about them at the reunion

I did watch the first 3 episodes of this season and here are thoughts

Jame's new gf looks like Charli who looks like Scheanna. They are trying to make it a big deal that he moved on from Raquel in 5 weeks but thats just how some people are. I myself have gotten a new man within a month of a breakup

Peter was absent for all of season 9 only to pop u and try to date Raquel. This must be fake bc I dont think he needs Lisa to tell him at his big age that as a manager he shouldnt be dating staff. She messy too dating someone at work and I know she'll get linked up with more people in the group

Arianna did something to her face and I dont like it

I like Shwartz but he's such a pssy. I wondered if he was a Libra and yep he is. The men are weak, fickle and lazy. They look damn good though so at least he has that

Lala had all that smoke for Raquel at the start of last season but she screwed her bf. I dont feel bad for her an what she has going on. I cant believe she had that ugly fat man cheate on her. LMAO at the L. Oh and what does 50 Cent have to do with this

Charlie disappears without a word

is there a reason why Brock kinda disappeared. He is no longer main cast after being heavily involved and now seems to be more of a background character

Sandoval was so sad for Katie and Schwartz and sats he doesnt want to end up like them. Ha! You wish you would end up as amicable and mature as they seem to be.

• Members

Even without Scandoval, this has been a real renaissance season for VPR… and Raquel is easily the breakout star.  She was lifelessly vapid for years, but she has beyond come into her own and has the (seemingly) genuine messiness of the earlier seasons.  She’s getting paid the least, but should be getting the most.

However, with Scandoval, she’s totally morally bankrupt… and Jax weathered that, but it nearly destroyed Kristen’s place on the show.  We’ll see if everyone understands that they need the Bravo check and that this has catapulted the show back to prime pop culture relevance and play with Rachel & TomSan, or if they get iced out by the cast next year…

And even though this is humiliating and may wreck her financially, this is obviously the best thing that could have happened to Arianna, who’s always been my fav., but probably wishes she were more humble (about her relationship with Tom) over the years.

• Members

IA. I dont know how they are going to keep her on the show bc as of the most recent episode, the only women on the show that are cool with her are Ariana and Scheana and we know thats going to change. While i didnt like her, I wonder if they would bring back Charli full time to at least give Raquel someone to film with. It helps Raquel that she is the only main cast member still working at Sur so that ties her to the original vision of the show which the rest have moved on from. If not Charli, I do think they will have to cast some new people. Raquel is too good right now to drop

• Members

Charli has dragged Raquel multiple times on social media since then, so Idk if she will film with her.  I know Raquel has a sister she's close with maybe film with her?  It could very easily be Tom/Raquel against the world and they will just film alone until the drama dies down.   I assume Schwartz will come around.  Eventually, most of these people will film with them again because they are famewhores and want a paycheck.  

Regardless of the situation, messy Raquel has earned her place as the main character.  It's pretty shocking since I thought she was a decent human being (I think we all knew Tom was not lol).  I really questioned VPR continuing since half the cast is older than me, but Raquel gave it new life.  I don't think it would be the worst mistake to build the show around Raquel and her own friends (if she has them lol).  

I'll be honest, as nice as Arianna seems she's pretty boring.  Lala, Kate, and Kristina Kelly's girls trip was a snooze as well without Raquel getting drunk and making out with Oliver.

• Members

I think it was in episode 2 when Raquel was being messy with/about Peter & Tom Schwartz, warning Allie (I think it’s Allie?? lol) about James, finding out about James/LaLa, crying to LVP about being in love with James still, etc… and I was all like oh $h!t, when did she become the legit main character of this show?!?  Biggest cast member turnaround ever.  And now with Scandoval, she’s legendary lol.  But we’ll see if they try to ice her out.  She & Tom Sandoval can be on an island next year, but that can only work for so long.  But they did blow up the show, for better and perhaps worse if everyone short-sightedly alienates them.  They can’t afford to lose this momentum after the show being on the fritz for years.  Perhaps rebuilding the show around Raquel (and James) would be wise.

Re.: Ariana… she can be boring, but in the beginning, I loved how her chill vibe contrasted the witches (and she SO got under their skin!) and Scheana really needed a girlfriend.  They’re an unlikely pair and their friendship has ebbed and flowed over the years, but they’ve remained loyal to each other.  Arianna’s biggest problem is that she’s always thought she’s better than everyone… and that hubris is likely making her feel even more stupid rn.  Scandoval gives her a built-in storyline, and I think she’ll take it and do much more with it than, like, Katie, or even LaLa, is now.  This will likely re-energize everyone.  I also loved that Ariana, during the early TomTom planning stages, REALLY wanted to say that LVP and Ken had no right to be on their high horse and make so many demands of the Toms when they were cashing in on their name and that they (the VPR cast) catapulted the restaurants into the tourist destinations they became.  But I don’t think you could break the fourth wall like that back then like Jax did in that one finale (his power play to LVP obviously was much ado about nothing with the Faith scandal shortly following).  It’s wild how LVP & Ken still thought (think??) the “kids” were lackeys after being the biggest thing on Bravo.

And @Cheap21, I totally agree that Raquel working at SUR (real or not) really keeps the original premise alive and makes the ambiance of the restaurant make sense and feel fresh again.  I don’t know if this was a happy accident, but if producers knew ahead of the season to position as her the main character, they’re geniuses.

• Members

I think it's been said on the show (by James mom) that Raquel wanted to be famous.  Was a fan of the show and sought James out.  I mean, that's a hell of a sacrifice to get your foot in the door, but it's very possible this has always been Raquel's goal.  She seems so innocent and stupid, but perhaps she's a lot more cunning than we think.  I think Raquel/Tom might last awhile.  I wouldn't be surprised if they had a kid or got engaged to just move a long the narrative that their love is so real.

As far as Ariana thinking she is better than everyone.  She really is, but that's not very exciting.  You root for her, but VPR isn't that deep.  I personally prefer these 40 year olds making hot mess decisions.  I don't think her vibe really ever worked for me on the show and I do think there were enormous red flags all around with her and Tom.  From the very beginning even if Kristen was a psycho.  She actively says she doesn't want to sleep with him, marry him, or have kids with him.  That's probably a solid decision, but why are we dragging this relationship out for a decade then?

Re-reading this it may sound like I am shipping Tom/Raquel or their actions.  I am not, but I think they might be better suited than Ariana/Tom.  But I don't know if I ever thought a VPR couple was well suited for one another lol.  I do find people like Lala calling Raquel out being hypocritical.  The point is not wrong at all-it's just annoying to hear Lala speak to anyone about girl code or what not.  

• Members

Raquel is probably more cunning than we ever thought, but I do think she is hilariously stupid.  She misspeaks as much as RHoNY’s Ramona lolol.

I agree about Tom & Arianna.  In the beginning, I wasn’t rooting for them as much I was rooting against Kristen (though she is an absolute treasure for this show lol).  But somewhere along the way, I accepted that they seemed to settle into what felt like a very practical commitment (I always wondered if it was, in fact, an open relationship).

Arianna’s vibe was always off for the show, but I guess I delighted in how crazy she made Kristen, Stassi, and Katie… I guess this is the kind of guilty pleasure show that I used to love in its heyday, but I pretty much always thought the cast were horrible, unlikeable people.  Arianna made everyone sweat, which I appreciated.

LaLa brings the fire but she's as much of a trash person as Jax and James.  lolol about being with James being one hell of a sacrifice

Please register in order to view this content