BRAVO: Vanderpump Rules

rlj

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

What an episode.

This show deserves an Emmy. And I'm being serious. This show has documented the implosion of a relationship, on some of the most scandalous terms, in a really gripping way. 

Sandoval's reaction was morally bankrupt. He is truly malevolent.

Raquel is a psychopath with no empathy. 

Schwartz was doing major damage control and failing at it.

Meanwhile, you had Lala and James luxuriating in having called the duplicity correctly from the start. James' telephone call to Raquel was one of the funniest things I've ever seen. 

• Members

Yeah, there was so much going on online (and yes @Cheap21 I agree with Candiace and loved that Andy read her tweets directly to Ariana last night on WWHL) that I stopped my Season 9 binging and went right to last night.

Perhaps it's personal (and too recent) experience for me, but that episode was really well done and triggering all at the same time. For all our talk about how manufactured a lot of reality shows have become...once in a while, the shows still hit on something real...and THIS was one of those times. 

We either have been cheated on or in some cases cheated (or someone who did) so it was such a universal theme (and why those ratings almost hit 2 million) that it just felt raw, real, and not fake...outside of Sandoval's fake crying. God, I felt all of Ariana's pain. And she dragged the heck out of him, too. I had no idea that she did get around to freezing some eggs. Given I knew her stance on kids, THAT right there let me know she was willing to and that hurt even more. Because her stance was a HARD one. It reminded me of how I loathed kids in my 20s a la Samantha Jones and now I feel so different about them.

Seeing Kristen...hehe Beyonce. That said...WOW. That flashback took me back because SHE DID SAY ALL THAT THEN. And I saw that LIVE. Just chills.

And Schana. Wow. Nothing but truth from her. And while Scheana can be self absorbed to make it about her and always has been like that...she is STILL a better friend than most. 

Even Katie got some good words in. 

So Sandoval can aplogize and fake cry to EVERYONE, but the person he should? TRASH. And I wonder now if that familiar person he cheated with WAS Billie Lee. 

Looking forward to the reunion and Ariana dragged the whole lot. 

• Members

In the 18-49 demo, VPR beat everything on broadcast, including Survivor and the season finale of The Masked Singer. Really big stuff, even if broadcast ratings aren’t what they used to be. The only thing on TV that outrated it that day was the Heat-Celtics game.

• Members

I believe it. Though I was STILL shocked. I know a LOT of people said they wanted to watch the episode that either don't watch the show at all or people that fell off ages ago. But I didn't realize that many would. And there are some people that thought it would be HIGHER. 

But again...cheating is a universal theme so I can see why everyone tuned in. I even jumped seasons. lol. 

• Members

She better get over it. While its true to real life that she and her friends would never have anything to do with Tom or Raquel again, this is a tv show and they will ruin it by icing them out. She will need to have at least one confrontation with both of them onscreen next season. As for Lala, Scheanna and Katie? They dont get the same grace to not film with the Toms and Raquel

• Members

I only watched the Uncensored version on Peacock. So refreshing to not hear 20,000 bleeps. I can’t imagine watching it on Bravo with all the cursing.

Sandoval is a mess. He does look like sh!t, as Ariana and Lala so aptly pointed out.

I mean, they’re all horrible people…

Edited by Faulkner