GH: Kimberly McCullough interview

• Members

I don't have a problem with short-term returns -- and GH/ABC doesn't either, given the ratings rise that coincided with Kimberly's reappearance. But I don't think this one was handled particularly well, and the ramifications for Robin and Patrick going forward seem rather dire. Robin's abandoning her daughter (and husband) again after so much time apart? Patrick will once again become yoked to Sabrina, only to vacillate between his two "loves" when Kimberly again returns?

I don't have a problem with short-term returns -- and GH/ABC doesn't either, given the ratings rise that coincided with Kimberly's reappearance. But I don't think this one was handled particularly well, and the ramifications for Robin and Patrick going forward seem rather dire. Robin's abandoning her daughter (and husband) again after so much time apart? Patrick will once again become yoked to Sabrina, only to vacillate between his two "loves" when Kimberly again returns?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

A short term return that is key to re-uniting a pairing is a bad idea. Watch Snobin go to Sobby and ask her to take care of her family. Would Robin just up and leave her family this way? I hope any fan of this character or pairing realized that Scrubs are ruined.

moRon already showed what he thought of the character in the little time she's been back.

• Members

Yeah how will they write this mess? Robin: I know that Patrick is still in love with Sabrina (I mean she he made out with me right in front of Sabrina at their wedding and then he dumped her ass a few days later but still....) Emma I know I lost two years of watching you grow up but Grandpa has cancer again or something so I am leaving you all again see ya!

• Members

Kim will of course be back, I'm sure, and I expect Scrubs will be back with her and win out in the end, but to do this now after evidently wasting months of her return time when they know she'd have to leave early this year is a huge blunder. Nobody in that fanbase wanted only a half-day of happiness, or an immediate new WTD story for Patrick. That's not payoff. There's no satisfaction from that. If you want to create new stories for these two - together or separately - you have to build on a foundation, and GH hasn't given them any.

It's just a shell game, and people are apparently expected to be satisfied with the big moment at the wedding which Ron hung his whole story on - the big moments he writes for, as opposed to writing for character or engaging day-to-day plot. After all, if he's satisfied with it, shouldn't you be? They have no money! They have such little time! Our budget! Her schedule! Soaps need your support!

They can spout whatever homily they want. There's no excuse for handling her limited time this way while frontburnering Franco, Silas, Kiki, etc.

• Members

Because Dumb and Dumber knew Kim was only here for 6 months, they should have had Patty choose Sobby but only after being there for Robin and helping her thru the traumatic experience. Patty would agonize over it but would realize that he had moved on with Sobby. Reuniting him with Snobin didn't make sense at all, especially since, going in, they knew Kim was not long term. Purina not being developed properly is not the point because in Crappy's mind, they told all beats of the story. It's about making Snobin's return make sense and a Scrubs reunion did not make sense.

• Members

Maybe Faison escapes and kidnaps her AND Robert. Everyone think she's off caring to a sick father but in actuality is once a gain a prisoner. Oh and Jerry Jax still needs a cure synthesized. RC will have rebooted her story back to where it was 2 years ago

Archived