What soaps are you currently watching?

• Members

Y&R: Still hanging in there after a couple of decades but barely.

GH: Just started watching this in May.

B&B: Stopped watching about a year ago. Got tired of the endless triangle that I care not to mention.

Days: Never watched and probably never will. (But I did say that about GH lol)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Days for sure. I love it.

Y&R, though I'm about 3 episodes behind. It is becoming a chore to watch.

B&B last thing at night because it helps lull me to sleep. I can't with the Wysteria/Hope/Lame triangle. NuRidge and Quinn are great, though!

• Members

Days - Every day, and I'm enjoying it more than I have any soap in years.

GH - 3-4x a month. I liked much of Cartini's OLTL, but their GH is just an endless series of stunts masquerading as soap opera. I tune in only to see the old guard - Leslie, Lucy, Bobbie, Kevin, et al.

Y&R - I have tried to get into this show a dozen times in the past two decades, but it just doesn't work for me. The last episode I watched was Michelle Stafford falling down the stairs. I used to at least admire the show's lavish production values, but even those are gone now.

B&B - I've never been able to sit through a single episode, I'm not sure why.

• Members

I watch quite a few so most i'm abit behind on.

Days, about 4 eps behind

GH- about the same, I blame Hulu stopping adding it to the free bit straight away lol

Eastenders

Coronation Street, about a week behind

Emmerdale, about 2 weeks behind

Hollyoaks

Home and Away UK pace

Neighbours UK pace

Shortland Street Irish Pace, about 20 eps behind

Shortland Street New Zealand Pace
Pobol Y Cwm, watch when I can be bothered, used to love it but lack of continunity is really annoying me

Ros na Run

• Members

DAYS has always been my #1. So happy that it's actually enjoyable and interesting again. Not perfect but I can't wait to watch every day and I haven't said that in quite a long time.

GH

I watch everyday. Live. Without a DVR. The horror. Well, not everyday live of course but I do watch everyday. Yuck. It needs help. So much is there that could be good but it's all over the place.

Y&R

I watch occasionally. Watched regularly on and off over the years though. I've tried again to get back into it, but it's just not completely grabbing me like I want it to, although I will be checking out David Tom's return.

B&B

I watched regularly for quite a while. I lost interest around 2003/2004. I still tune in here and there but I always keep up, usually by reading the discussion thread and watching the occasional episode, though I'm tempted to start watching again, for some reason. I want to check out Thorsten as Ridge and Rena Sofer's crazy Quinn.

I also have binge fests with EastEnders (not in a while though) and HollyOaks (again, not in a while, and Nov/Dec were deleted from YouTube, bastards, I was SO close to catching up).

I'm also watching January 1996 of GL as it's uploaded. I began watching regularly after this time. Not the best time for GL but at least it still looks and feels like GL. Could do without Justin Deas yelling and sometimes the writing is a bit much and not good.

I also watch others here and there on YouTube. I'm wanting to watch the later years of Ryan's Hope that were uploaded and I'm actually tempted to rewatch the first couple of years of Passions. I believe all of Sunset Beach is uploaded to (just throwing that out there for fans of it). YouTube has a surprising amount of soaps on it. French Santa Barbara too I think. LOL.

I'm kind of in the mood to find some Another World to watch actually ...

• Members

I watch B&B and Y&R every day and I'm pretty up to date on both since I'm enjoying both of them. With GH on Hulu Plus, I TRY to watch, but it is just so terrible. I'm happy for their ratings and that people like the show, but it's not for me. I LOVED Carlivati's GH up until the Nurses Ball, but it all went downhill after that. Also, seeing it on Hulu is the first time I've seen it on TV in YEARS. I am shocked at how cheap the show looks. It looks terrrible and so do the actors. The lighting, sets and makeup is just terrible.

• Members

Days: I usually get caught up on the weekends.

GH: Depending what's been discussed in the thread, I'll try and watch a noteworthy episode.

B&B: If I happen to be home around 6 when TVGN is airing it, I'll watch.

Y&R: Only if I'm home and not taking a nap at 3pm.

• Members

DAYS: I like to marathon the past week of episodes (although I'm two weeks behind)

GH: Watch daily. It's mindless entertainment and, for some reason, I find it fun starting my day with it.

Y&R: Skip a few episodes here & there when it's been too boring to marathon and I've fallen far behind. And to think I used to have a paroxysm of anger if I had to miss one episode.

B&B: Marathon it at the end of the week.

HOME & AWAY: Marathon

NEIGHBORS: Marathon

EASTENDERS: On and off. Currently off.

CORRIE: On and off. Currently off.

• Members

I am not watching anything on a regular basis. AMC was always my soap. However, I did watch Y&R back in the day and if I started to watch now, I would know more characters from there.

GH-Even though I watched a little during the Luke and Laura era, I have no interest in watching now for both rational and irrational reasons.

Y&R-Sounds like it's not great and the little I have watched wasn't enough to stir my interest.

B&B-I have watched a few episodes here and there over the last few months(the last being TK's first couple of episodes as Ridge) and wouldn't mind watching due to it being only 30 minutes, but have not yet found anything hugely compelling.

Days-There has been so many good things said about Days that this is the soap I would watch on a regular basis. I still might do just that. I need to know more about characters first.

For now, I think I will actually watch Passions on YT and see if I have some fun with it.

• Members

First, I want to start off by saying I miss AMC terribly! With that being said I am DVRing B&B, DAYS, GH and Y&R everyday.

B&B - I have watched this show from the beginning and I watch everyday. I love the 30 minute format and its campy fun.

DAYS - I have watched since I was a teenager on and off. I think the show is vastly improved but some episodes are a bit tedious to watch but overall I like the show.

GH - I am loving this show more and more. I love the addition of Maura West and the fact so many of the vets are back. I didn't watch GH during its heyday (I was a Guiding Light and then Santa Barbara fan) but I like Cartini's version of GH.

Y&R - This show has never been my favorite but I do find myself intrigued with some of the current storylines. I am sure I am the only person on the planet that does but I think JFP is a really good Executive Producer and I think she has made some improvements at Y&R.

I love the genre I will continue to support all the daytime soaps :-)

Archived