What soap house (past or present) would you like to live in?

• Members

OLTL:

*Victor and Téa's really cool looking house.

*Llanfair (La Boulaie is too noisy and bright for me.)

AMC:

*Kendall and Zach's place (for the same reasons that I liked Victor and Téa's place. It's well-dimmed and classy.)

B&B:

*Maybe one of the cabins.

Hollyoaks:

*Trevor's flat.

*The flat above The Dog before the Osborne Family moved in and changed the decor.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well if we are talking prime time soaps, Without even having to thinik, i would say the house on Brothers & Sisters. it was a beutiful house with several rooms. big kitchen. and at least six bedrooms because it seems all the kids had their own rooms when they were growing up. and it looked like several of the bedrooms came with their own bathroom.

• Members

Days - I love Bo & Hope's house. I liked it best before the remodel but it's still one of my favorites.

B&B's Forrester Beach house. Well any of the Beach houses are nice.

Santa Barbara - The Capwell mansion.

OLTL - La Boulaie and of coarse Llanfair.

Y&R - The Abbott mansion. I love the photo they just started using as the exterior too.

• Members

Definitely the Forrester mansion on B&B. I love Spanish style villas and that thing is huge with the most stunning gardens.

The other house I would like to live in the Capwell mansion on Santa Barbara. I always thought that house had the most beautiful foyer with curved stairs.

• Members

I used to love Bo and Nora's house and later Rea's house and Nora's house that Sam built for her and Matthew. Oh, and almost forgot, Asa's mansion and Carlo's penthouse. Actually, I have to agree with the earlier post, I really loved OLTL sets. Joe and Viki's house was also a favourite of mine

• Members

Cory Manor, Iris' penthouse, or Jake & Paulina's cottage. I loved those three sets. Heck, Another World always had good looking sets IMO.

The Hughes family home or Barbara/Hal home on ATWT.

The Bauer home on GL. This home is epitome of soap homes for me. Everything could be going wrong in Springfield but the Bauer home was a safe haven.

• Members

You're probably talking about Carmen Duncan Iris' penthouse opposed to Beverlee McKinsey's, but I liked both. CD's looked to have been inspired by DYN's Alexis', with the elevator opening directly into the apartment onto the landing with stairs.

Other favorites include the HUGE all black and white Clegg mansion set on CAP, and Sydney's eclectic penthouse on TC. I liked Sydney's funkier style more than Tracy's more traditional redecoration ("Huhhh-HA! Animal print and painted brick walls are *hardly* my style." -Tracy), but it still looked very nice.

• Members

GH - Definitely Robert & Holly's house with Robert's secret room.

Ryan's Hope - when Richard Muenz played Joe, the character lived in a former warehouse in Brooklyn. I thought it was a cool set, with the big window shaped like a ship's porthole, the fireplace with the figurehead above it, the spacious rooms. It was unique to the character, as opposed to being just a regular apartment.

DOOL - the loft where Kayla (& Steve) used to live

• Members

I actually liked Erica's last place on AMC with the "bowl" fireplace. I was upset it wasn't used more, as I would've liked to have seen more facets of it.

I enjoyed Brooke's Victorian on AMC.

The house Erica lived in when Bianca came out (that Trey burned down)...I thought the house she had always admired was the white one Jack bought for her in mid-2000s before they married. I actually liked that one as well; it was bright and cheery, but we didn't get to see any more of it than the living room in front of the fireplace. Also the furniture was placed oddly for a soap that needed to "cheat" to the cameras.

The apartment that numerous people lived in over the years, primarily the apartment Greenlee and Leo shared, with the balcony along the back overlooking the "big skyscrapers" of PV...I always cracked up at the little "room" behind the fireplace...what kind of room was that supposed to be? It was far too tiny and only seemed good for eavesdropping on whomever was on the other side of the fireplace.

Remember the two homes that were across from each other that numerous people moved in and out of over the years as well? On the one side, Kendall and the girls started Fusion by cooking up some lipstick. On the other side, Laura and Leo played husband and wife. The apartments themselves weren't great, but I liked the "deck" in between. It provided a lot of good opportunity for interaction and flow.

I actually liked Ryan and Greenlee's place, although the flow of that place was odd...were the bedrooms over the kitchen?

Although I enjoyed Wildwind, it was too dark for me. I'm also not a big fan of Linden as most people on here are. Too pink.

• Members

The "condo" where Kendall and the girls birthed Fusion was Hayley and Mateo's place before they moved in December 2002. I believe Aidan lived in the other condo. I, too, like the exterior portion of that set more than the interiors.

I never did like those two apartments on Plumtree Road that it seemed like everyone lived in at one point or another in the mid-2000s. The Hubbards lived there at the end of the ABC run.

Erica's penthouse after Trey burned the Victorian was a fave of mine. I loved the big, spacious hallway to the right.

• Members

Was this penthouse the same one I mentioned above that Greenlee and Leo lived in? Was that supposed to be a hallway? I remember at one point a door coming off of it, and then another time a solid wall.

Archived