GH50: January 2014 Discussion - HAPPY NEW YEAR!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This show has done such a poor job of distinguishing Silas from John. When he showed up at KaKa's apartment the other day and found out she was harboring Franco I thought "He's a cop, isn't he going to do something?" then I remembered he's not McBain….And then later when he said something about his boss Obrecht, I thought "Oh !@#$%^&*] is Obrecht running the PCPD now too?!"…Literally no difference between the two.

• Members

They tried to distinguish early on, but this mostly just involved Easton pulling his hair back and screwing up his face behind comedy glasses, like Agnes Gooch in Auntie Mame. I think they were thrown by how unpopular the character was, and decided to just make him McBain 2.0.

• Members

I think they always intended to make them their same characters under different names. Whatever minor distinctions were made in the beginning were just to make the audience aware that the character formerly known as ________ will now be called ______. Face it. Neither Easton nor Alderson is capable of playing different characters.

Archived