Tainted Dreams

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Given her closeness to Nelson B (Nellie Oleson) it all fits.

Wow she looks rough in that promo. She's massacred her face.

Sarah Brown looks great. The best I've seen her in a while.

That was a good promo. A little aimless, and the "one moment" (or whatever) flashes were too Soapnet for me, but the story looks interesting, and I love the idea of Scott Bryce as Sarah Brown's father.

Alicia in that kooky early 90s hate is cute too.

• Members

Sarah Brown looks phenomenal. Crystal Chappel looks awful. Truly terrible. Horrifying.

Ugh, BH looks good. The one weak spot being Alicia Minshew who, even in those few seconds of clips, managed to be completely terrible. But the rest looks so good. UGH, I might have to watch...

• Members

ll_zps6b96ad87.gif

wub.png YES THAT'S RIGHT HATERS!!! wub.png

Lish was SO charming in this! The perfect blend of funny, bitchy, sexy. Just overall likable! Loving Angelica!

OMG, it is pretty bad production-wise though. The lighting/sound is borderline tragic. The control room set is the most glaring (I mean, just look at Angelica in that gif above. I know those rooms are usually dark but they could've done something to enhance it & give the talent some light. The room and the scenes within it felt awkward and unnatural). The sound was uneven and not mixed properly. A mess!

But I really like the premise! LOVE the twist w/the girl f-cking the guy who plays her dad on TV and his wife (who plays her mother) walking in on them back stage! Then, they have to act in a scene together moments later! OMG, isn't this show based on true stories? Wonder who this happened to? ;-O LOL

I see Nat Livingston still hasn't got it together in the acting department since her disastrous stint on DAYS. Sigh!

Austin Peck & Alicia Minshew are GORGEOUS together! SEX! SO BUMMED it doesnt look like that will work out, I wish his role could've been switched w/Michael Lowry's so that him & Lish could have the budding romance story ;-). Speaking of Michael Lowry, he looks sleazy and gross in this.

Walt looks great. Keep the beard!

Bobbie looked flawless!

Overall, I can stick with this!

• Members

Okay I finally watched. I think it's a decent beginning.

It felt like a pilot which is basically what it is. Lots of clunky exposition, actors who are trying to figure out their characters and the overacting that sometimes accompanies that, etc. Go back and watch the first episode of any show - especially one with a big ensemble - and you will see varying degrees of that. It's one of the reasons I give all new shows at least three eps of viewing. (Or in the case of S.H.I.E.L.D, ten episodes and counting. *sigh*)

I don't think the production is horrible. It's a web series and it looks like a web series. I've watched enough web shows to have adjusted my expectations. I think of them on par with what independent film used to be. Yes there's some definite lighting issues but I can think of a number of actual TV shows I've seen with similar lighting and sound issues. My experience has taught me that they will adapt to the medium. They'll have to. Starting with that control room.

Y'all know how I feel about that succubus Kendall Hart so I'm no Alicia Minshew fangirl but I enjoyed her, notwithstanding the issues I mentioned above. I found myself actually giving a damn about her character.

The things on my "I can't with this" list:

• I cannot begin to handle all the pimping of Hinsey and her hellmouth of a bar. Stop that [!@#$%^&*]. Stop it now.
  • The font on the credits. The old desktop publisher in me wants to find whoever decided to use Brush Script MT and Lucida for the credits and smack them. Then make them read Moby Dick written in 6 point Comic Sans.
  • So tired of the Swishy Gay Man who works in the Entertainment Business. (I want to put a moratorium on him along with Sassy Black Secretary and Fiery Latina Maid.) Hopefully as the show finds its footing they'll move away from the Will & Grace vibe between Anjelica and what-his-name and show us some more layers.

• Members

Hinsey produced it. She's not going anywhere.

I like a lot of the people and I really appreciate what Blangiardo and co. did at PP, but I thought it was painful. They should stick to working within a larger institution like AMC and OLTL, with real money and production value and real writers. These webseries are all for the birds, IMO. Especially when they're joined at the hip with Hinsey the gorgon.

Beacon Hill looks mildly more tolerable but JPL has about perfected the look of Kept Boy/Retired Homosexual. I burst out laughing at the shot of the obligatory Crystal Chappell - oh, my [!@#$%^&*] God. She looks like a [!@#$%^&*] varnished wooden marionette now! What has she done to herself? And she looked either drunk or doped to the gills.

And that tinkling bell thing has to stop. Alicia is playing Kendall. Ron Raines is doing Alan Spaulding (which, to be fair, he was also doing on OLTL but that had a wild story behind it). And I love Sarah Brown, and I want her back on GH but I swear to God in some shots she looks Asian. Her face looks either okay or overdone depending on the shot.

• Members

Oh, and the only reason Jessica Morris is in Beacon Hill is because she and Melissa Archer are close. I was hoping I'd never have to see her again.

This is what annoys me with all these "edgy" soap webseries - you get a bunch of soap stars running around and they try to prove they're "edgy" by having every other person play gay, and it just becomes strained and top-heavy. So far, AFAIK Minshew, Brown and Morris are all playing lesbians. "Wow, your favorite soap stars - AS LESBIANS!" Really? It just smacks of pandering to me, the same way Venice did, although it at least looks a lot better than that crap.

Archived