Tainted Dreams

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't know how she's conducted herself. I also haven't watched any of her efforts so far - at least, not for more than a minute. I just read about the products from time to time (ex: Emmy win, soap stars talking about it).

• Members

What did I miss? lol. That happened in 2013?

My attention to the daytime world was close to nil for most of 2013, if I'm being completely honest. I tried to get back into it for AMC & OLTL's return but I really couldn't in the end.

• Members

Thanks smile.png I've been around here and there in the Prime-time section.

Once a ratings geek, always a ratings geek wink.png

I thought the returns were fine. It was me. Not them. I think I had probably been over daytime dramas since 2007-2008 and I just made it a really long funeral. I do have a soft spot in my heart for the genre though so I'd be happy if they can regenerate in a more exciting way that's more prepared & accessible for the current climate in entertainment.

• Members

Tainted Dreams: Potential, but something is missing like lighting, acting, and good writing. I think I might have felt differently if the three mini episodes were combined as just one episode. Would have flowed a bit better. Too many people hired because they were soap actors not because they are any good.

Beacon Hill: Looks interesting, but as a gay male, I wish there could be one drama that didn't have gays or lesbians front and center. So last decade :)

How were the ratings for the revived AMC and OLTL? I know they were decent, but not strong enough to warrant a return on investment, would that be accurate?

• Members

Honestly I believe PP didnt secure nough Money in the first place They only got 25 Mil. I would have made a push for 50plus Mil

Also I feel PP agreeing to paying ABC yearly fees (In Millions) instead of a royality percentage for the shows !@#$%^&*] them too

So I believe the viewership was high but Money wasnt handled properly

• Members

I was under the impression the ratings on Hulu were solid, and on OWN they were soft but respectable for that shitty timeslot. And they grew on OWN, as well. The problem is that even with decent numbers it wasn't enough for a swift enough return on PP's investment. I'm not sure anything would have been.

• Members

They were pretty substantial, which is why they kept trying to get them waived or reduced, including to this day.

The tragedy of it is the shows were (IMO) top-notch production-wise and fresh on many levels, while being produced for a fraction of the money of a network soap, but that was merely the individual productions. Uplevel, at higher management above the two shows, the unrealistic executive scheme seemed to be "turn a huge profit real fast on an online-only platform, dance as fast as we can until then, and get ourselves out of the hole." That's like me trying to write my term papers the day before in college. It's like baling out water with a teacup, it wasn't gonna work that way. It needed a stronger superstructure. The tragedy of my 2013 is that no one was able to make them whole and consistent at the "network" level - in this case, PP as opposed to AMC or OLTL.

• Members

25 Mil could have worked if they made the shows seasonal from the jump and maybe did 40-50 shows a year. However originally it was 210 then 168 then 110 then 40. So it wasnt planned right plus they had to pay $$$$ to that union cause they went over the agreed amount per episode

I guess AMC shooting 156 pages in a day will do that for u

PP needed someone on Days or familar with the way Cartini ran OLTL to keep the shows under budget. I dont feel these producers could figure that out

The fees were a few million and they increased every year

PP should have negoiated a percentage of the royalities then more monet could have been free for production

Archived