February 6-10, 2006

Toups

• Members

Yes Rick I am sure it is which is why it sucks because that is how majority of people watch. I am not suggesting there is a major flaw in the ratings I am just saying they are inconsistent and think Soapnet plays a part in it to a degree. I just think its hard to measure the ratings for Days and ABC when there shows air more then once and not all of that counts. I know some people may not have felt the same way I did but I just found it odd and it bugged me that the days that Days gives people what they supposedly want people don;t tune in (and it is what they say they want) and they days that it sucks it brings in good ratings. I never said the show was perfect but it has improved immensely and alot of people that I know personally that aren't on the net have gone back full time to watching. I know there is alot of negativity on the net outside of here but mostly its either rabid fanbases or anti Days/JER haters that still can't get over past mistakes. The mags are giving them credit alot lately too and the ratings have not been bad and have remained steady so sweeps has not been a complete disaster. Sweeps do matter to NBC but merely in demos more then HH. JER always has saved his bigger stuff for non-sweeps and that does not mean he should be fired. I am not his biggest fan but the show is improved even if you don't think the quality is good. Its not just JER-this is always a trend at Days. They never do well in sweeps other then demos no matter who is writer. There big stuff has always happened mostly during other months and I like that unlike most shows who think they can be inconsistent and dull at times and blow everything in one month and then start new stories and end them during the next sweeps.

Nonetheless, I don't want to argue so I will a agree to disagree Ponz and Ksale. I just hope that you and everyone else not pleased with Days understands that no matter who is writing the same problems will be there and no show will ever be the same and not every show can be a melodramatic CBS soap clone. NBC soaps are different and they are not trying to be like other shows, they are going according to their identity. As far as I am concerned, a regime change is not needed at either NBC soap. Most Days fans are fickle anyway (hell I am one of them) and we would all probably find somethign to complain about no matter who was writing. This same fact applies to anti-Days people and people that don't watch Days or NBC. Irs just the way it is-I have never seen everyone united and together saying they are enjoying Days, and Passions too, at the same time. That will never happen so, ok, end of rant :) .

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's all very well saying that PhoenixRising, but we won't know unless somebody else is given a shot. The last time the show had decent headwriters (Cwickly and Brash), the ratings were more or less a fair reflection of the quality of the show. Higley was an absolute disaster and got the ratings she deserved. JER was rehired, used a variety of shock tactics and gimmicks to get the ratings up but has ultimately failed (and lost more viewers in the process). It's pretty reasonable to say that these personnel changes were a cause of the problems Days is facing. Moreover, it's Feb Sweeps, the child of a supercouple has just been killed off and still the ratings are just 0.2 above the all-time low. Surely it's time somebody else was given a chance?

That's simply not true. I have been reading through ratings threads on a number of boards, and the general consensus is that the mediocre recent ratings have been deserved. This is coming from young viewers, older viewers and many different fanbases...not just serial JER bashers. Maybe the Thursday rating was an anomoly but the general trend reflects the comments coming from a wide base of fans.

• Members

Me too...and with the Marcie/Michael engagement, the beginning of the plane crash, the Spencer/Margaret stuff, Blair slapping Starr during the argument, Lifehouse performing, and Antonio getting stuck in the bear trap (damned idiot had was able to escape, however <_< )...it should boost the ratings for this week.

• Members

Great minds think alike! LOL Maybe we should've been on One Life to Live instead of that Fan February winner Reanna Cline...I would have loved to visit the set and the cast!

And I sure as hell would not have said that Antonio was my favorite character that's for sure!

Archived