Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame 2014 Nominees

VirginiaHamilton

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Isn't the best chance of being inducted the first year they are eligible? They only induct like 5 acts that are nominated a year, which means that anyone who doesn't go in has less and less of a chance each successive year as there is more competition and relatively little to no spots. We are in 2013 now, if they haven't gotten in after 30 or so years I would say they never will be.

• Members

OMG that is a crime! Hasn't she been eligible for a good ten to 15 years now? mad.gif

I can't come up with any excuse to keep excluding her .... An amazing body of work: check; a shelf full of Grammys: check; one of the most extraordinary set of vocal pipes any female singer has EVER show cased: check.

• Members
Paul Anka is another notable snub from rock's first decade. The sad truth is that none of these three great performers will likely ever be inducted into the Hall of Fame, since so much time has passed. I honestly think the reason for these snubs is because rock elitists hate any performer that was classified as a "teen idol" (even though many teen idols were very talented). The only teen idols (that I am aware of) that were ever inducted into the Hall of Fame were Ricky Nelson and Bobby Darin, but I suspect that neither of them would be there had they not died at young ages.

Archived