HBO's Looking

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Ah now it's more clear--yes he did call him a !@#$%^&*]. Sunspear for some reason I thought you watched One Life to Live so woulda recognized him.

Taoi, I'm a faithful reader of the AVClub but rarely talk on there--though I did post the link as well as a bit, when the discussion got to Queer as Folk about Russell Davies two interconnected gay shows coming to the UK this Fall. I'm Eric Henwood-Greer there :P I just use my facebook account.

No kidding--for everyone involved. Well except for the sister. I love just the nonchalant suggestion that Patrick will never get married, lol.

• Members

I actually did watch a little of OLTL during the Fish and Oliver storyline....Scott Evans looks so different on Looking. But that may have been due to the distance and camera angle. I honestly couldn't tell it was him!

Lol the sister was so disrespectful. I thought the father's speech was a little callous in regards to Patrick. The jokes about the dress and having someone to play golf with were a little too extra IMO. Anyways the show is finally getting steam and we only have one episode left which is kinda depressing. I may have to pick up Dallas now just to have something interesting to tide me over till Game of Thrones....

• Members

Agreed - Look, I hated Brian on QAFUS, but I was interested in how Michael finally let go and let himself have a life, a man and a future that he wanted. He was still Brian's BFF, but he was able to get himself out of that holding pattern of just being Brian's pathetic friend who wants more.

I'm pissed out Agustin's behavior, but I'm also interested in IF he'll come to a breaking point and wonder why he blew up his job and his relationship with Frank. It wasn't just because he found CJ hot.

I want to see how these characters deal with the choices (good and bad) and how they try to move forward from it.

• Members

I find it interesting that few have brought up that what Kevin did could have the appearance of sexual harassment, even if it occurred outside the workplace. After all, Kevin is Patrick's BOSS, and what he did was extremely unprofessional. Boss/subordinate relationships rarely end well, and I can see Patrick being slightly weirded out by a drunken kiss from his supervisor, even if they had some intense flirtations. I know I could never date a boss.

• Members

Patrick could try and say that Kevin was sexually harassing him, but he is attracted to his boss. I think that if John wasn't in the picture, Patrick would still have qualms about pursuing Kevin.

I still think that Patrick has way more to lose than Kevin if they end up together.

Emotionally I don't think that Patrick's at all ready to be with anyone, Richie or Kevin at the moment. He says that he wants something more, but he can't cope with feeling that Richie's beneath him (even though he doesn't want to feel that way) nor be able to deal with being Kevin's secret lover, if they ever decide to move past the flirting stage. That's why I don't agree with the idea that it would be easier for Patrick to be Kevin's secret lover, than being in a relationship with someone who's of a different class and race like Richie.

He has two men who want to be with him.

He continues to push away an available man, while flirting with another who isn't available.

Edited by difficultdiva

• Members

Do you guys think Patrick will end up single by the end of the season finale?

More importantly I guess...do you WANT Patrick to be single by season end? I say yes since with only one episode left I see no way for them to really resolve the current situation so that its clear one way or another who Patrick should go with for the time being....

• Members

I've been listening to the "Talking..." podcasts and it sounds like the writers intend the Patrick/Richie relationship to go into season 2. I'm mixed about that.

As usual, I agree completely with DifficultDiva's take on the Patrick/Kevin situation. After this 20 second clip HBO released, I'm more worried about the fate of Peri-peri chicken in San Francisco