September 23-27, 2013: Another Good Week For GH and DAYS

Toups

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree. It's not my cup of tea... better ratings equals less desire to bring back fan favorites that are sorely needed (Hi Matt, Peter, Drake, etc...), but I don't want to see it canceled. The timeslot changes might help more than hurt.

• Members

I just feel like the stories are stronger than they've been in a long time. I don't disagree that the actors that are missing are needed on this show (though I'm not missing Drake AT ALL), but TomSell should be rewarded for their stronger, more consistent storytelling and making this show compelling even with a shoestring to end all shoestring budgets!

• Members

I agree. I'm thankful all these timeslot changes haven't hurt the show.. if anything, we are growing. I just want to point out that DAYS demo rating is only 0.3 lower than last night's episode of "Parks and Recreation" in primetime!! (Granted, that says more about NBCs sad primetime state than it does Days.. but still - that's saying something) Let's PLEASE get a 2 year renewal for DAYS asap to guarantee us a 50th anniversary.. maybe it will be announced next month on the shows' 48th anniversary! Here's to hoping!

• Members

This must be the closest the demos have ever been? 134,000 W18-49 difference between first and last. That really is nothing when compared to primetime (Big Bang Theory's 5.4 versus Parks & Rec's 1.2).

I know that they haven't always been this close but over the last year, the spread between first and last hasn't been greater than 300,000 on average. Which means Y&R can't really be generating massive amounts of extra revenue for CBS than Days does for NBC. Which means either NBC is making a tidy profit off Corday/Sony, given how little they pay for the show or CBS is loosing money on Y&R and B&B and a massive licence fee cut must be on the cards. Which is it?

Archived