GH50: September 2013 DIscussion

• Members

No. Words. That Sonny rant is EPIC and FLAWLESS. :lol: OMG! Shove them up his ass?! How jealous would Jason be?

Also, I loved Lorenzo Alcazar so co-sign on what you said -- even though I am really enjoying William deVry and, especially, Maura West right now.

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I love crazy, manic-ass Sonny. Him blowing up everyone's spot was priceless. I could watch that insane, hilarious Sonny all day, as opposed to the Sonny Guza wrote. It even made Sonny and Carly's ancient, tired interplay work together again, because they have so much history to draw on for that. It's odd how tolerable I find them together of late, dealing with his bipolar disorder and their children and the horrible mess the two of them have made of their and their children's lives. While I watched I wondered how much Brenda knew how about Sonny's illness - she had to know last time, she married him and lived with him, but I wasn't really watching at that point. Carly is all about his medication now but I remember when he was dating Emily (ugh), Carly and Jason's dumb asses tried to convince her to let it ride, that it was just one of Sonny's 'things.'

I like the Jeromes as villains, particularly potentially viable ones, but I'm sure Ron will torpedo that soon. I loved Alcazar and in his first year or so on the show he was a credible threat, but Guza defanged him looong before he killed him off - they had to hobble Ted King to preserve Benard and Burton's supremacy on the show, and after he bagged Carly they turned Alcazar into a blind, stumbling C-lister for years. Would I take him back? Sure, but I like the Jeromes here and now.

• Members

Its been ingrained in the writing from their day 1, remember Morgan was written as a schlep who gambled, knowingly he rushed KuKla to the alter via her mom so their marriage was shown not to be based on love (I assume Morgan loves her) but an agenda...see all that type of writing (Morgan's lies) counteracts poor Morgan's brother going after his girlfriend/wife...

Micheal is looking better writing wise because of Morgan the f..up; the liar, the gambler, now he's had sex with his mummy-in-law so?

• Members

Michael is basically a male ingenue now - he's a doe-eyed, sweet-faced boy who is deeply vulnerable from past trauma; underneath all the mob upbringing he is still the fragile, cossetted Quartermaine heir. It works for Chad Duell, whereas when they tried to play him as the hard-edged, damaged mobster's wannabe heir under Guza and Wolf I could not buy it. Chad's too sweet. He comes about the whole wholesome thing a lot more easily than, say, Natalia Livingston's Emily.

• Members

Unfortunately, he's a Twitter newbie, and his need to suck up to Craptini is interfering with some hateful JaSammers. When they make a comment on the GH TL, he almost scolds them or makes them feel bad for what they feel. Granted, its time for the JaSammers to move the hell on, but it is not up to him to speed up their process. Now, they are attacking him personally on his TL. Hopefully, he learns a lesson. Passionate fans don't want to be told they should move on. Let them get there on their own.

He was even telling them that all actors/characters gets equal time, and the audience knows better. Time for William to back off.

• Members

I'll disagree. The only thing NL's Emily had going for her was that she literally seemed like she came out of a harlequin romance novelette. NL's Emily was much more sanctimonious though, by far. Her virtue was her biggest trade mark of her character. I think CD is basically just a newer version of Dillion. He's fulfills the same role Dillon did back when he was in the similar older teen/younger 20's set. He is not to be taken seriously, he is at most a comedic cum romantic interest who is at his most likeable mostly because he is good-hearted. There is not much else to him.

• Members

Seriously, that's what is was about Jasam fans. Did he attack others too? I've seen comments on and/off for days. I don't get it as not everyone is going to like everyone on any soap. He has been in the business long enough to know this and if people aren't sending the tweets to him directly he should keep out of it.

• Members

Yep, it started with JaSammers on the GH TL and once he began telling them to move on and unnecessarily replying to their posts, they started going after him personally. It has recently gone beyond JaSammers and now random people are coming at him. Now, he is constantly on the defensive (just like Craptini). Maura is very low key. She is cautious about what she responds to and super appreciative, and unlike William, she is not insensitive to the feelings of fans who believe they were mistreated, as crazy as it is. William has been kissing ass about how wonderful the show is and Craptini are great bosses and GH is can't miss, which is fine, but he has to respect how others feel. Some fans who don't even care about JaSam have unfollowed him now. They didn't like how dismissive he was being, and then he took the victim role. Sound familiar?

I went BSC when I lost CarJax and didn't get my Sharly payoff last year, but I didn't have any actors telling me to get over it. I had to do that in my own time. I'm super happy I did because Tarly was one helluva consolation prize!

ETA: Just to clarify, William didn't attack anyone. He was just very dismissive, and that hit the nerves of too many posters. JaSam have a huge online following. Tell one of them to "get over it" and you are talking to the whole lot of them. I think William has learned his lesson.

• Members

Thanks Chit. I can understand why people went after him then because he started it so to speak. Saying you love and miss anyone on the #gh timeline should be allowed without getting attacked. I saw one tweet from him where he defended Emme Rylan. No idea what the original tweets were like, but seriously not everyone will like every recast. Liking whomever isn't about deVry and as long as you aren't tweeting that particular actor that you think they suck or harassing fans who like that person you should be left in peace. And yes it does sound like someone else's behavior one that is at GH and then others at different shows.

I'm glad that Maura is being low key about the whole thing. Perhaps she is respectful to the fans who believe they were mistreated because of her own experiences and those of her husband in the industry. At times ATWT turned into where are the actual Oakdale characters...Also due to what happened at Y&R, she would know how things can go horribly wrong and the part/story just doesn't work.

Archived