How about Bob Guza and Karen Harris Co-HWs of Y&R

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Are our memories that short? I'm sure Carlivati is doing a number on GH, but Guza made the show an amoral, soulless, unrecognizable, unwatchable mess. Can't we aim higher? Labine might be still be up for it in the right situation...

And a big fat NO to Guza being anywhere near the Y&R writing team.

• Members

Guza wasn't so bad when he wrote for General Hospital in the mid to late 1990's.

It wasn't until around 2002 or so when Jill Farren Phelps entered the executive producer picture and these two became a deadly combination that completely massacred the show and any trace of quality for a good ten years or so.

As awful as Young and the Restless is right now, positioning these two dim wits together and at the top, will only make it worse.

• Members

You know, one ABC writer who would be GREAT headwriting Y&R would be Michele Val Jean. She has mentioned several times how difficult it was writing for B&B because they actually expect you to learn the history of the show and the tone. You don't just come in and do whatever you want, you do what works for that show. I don't understand why more people don't believe in this. DAYS, in my opinion, is having great success because they're also following a familiar formula and writing Days of Our Lives the way it needs to be written, which allows them freedom to craft the type of stories they want. Same for various others as well.

I don't understand why Y&R has been met with such contempt when it had a formula that has always worked. It's never even come close to losing it's lead, yet people still want to keep messing with what has always worked. Even crazier is that they're trying to rebrand it like other soaps that are either being canceled or that haven't even come close to Y&R's writings in almost 20 years.

Archived