How about Bob Guza and Karen Harris Co-HWs of Y&R

• Members

Meg Bennett also has a history as a writer with B&B (in addition to her other soaps), but I wouldn't be willing to give her a chance if it meant Guza joining her. Who would be the true visionary, her or him? I'm not willing to risk it being him. Considering her lack of history as a HW, I'd say chances are he'd be the true headwriter and they'd use her as a front so people wouldn't be so afraid.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I felt the same in the early 90s when GH decided that action stories were no good anymore and everyone needed to be a drug addict, have cancer, or dead. If I had wanted to watch that crap all those years I would have been watching a different soap in the first place. I think Y&R sucks and always has but there is no arguing with success and they need to fire JFP, fire everyone who thinks they need to be more like GH and go back to whatever it was that worked for them all along. If I were running Y&R I wouldn't even hire anyone who wrote or produced any soap under the Frons regime since that sensibility is so alien to traditional Y&R and I wouldn't want these people infecting my show.

• Members

No disrespect to this suggestion but h*ll f*ckin no to this.

I refuse for YR to go from the boardroom to shoot outs. And Guza's writing style doesn't even mix with YR. Only material I've seen of Guza in his entire career that was reasonable was his time at Santa Barbara and that's because he was practically fresh and new to being in a power position.

Only writers I'll accept for YR would be Bill's proteges, John, Kay, or Sally. I'd be for Claire Labine or Nancy Curlee because I know they'd study the show's history and respect its vision.

Or I'd go for younger, estranged writers of the show. Sara Bibel or Tom Casiello getting the position when I know they'd respect the show too and have history with it.

No to Guza.

Archived