• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh my god- I can't with more awards show discussion. You are the only one who is truly deeply worried about awards qualification for these shows. Recognition would be lovely but its really the least of things- I just want them to continue production & for the quality to be where its been this season. If they can manage that & the only awards they get are paper mache Emmys that you make & mail to Debbi & Darnell, that is just fine with me.

• Members

I thought it was a great two episodes except for the David Canary issue. Their use of him here would be inexcusable if not for the fact that it almost certainly now is about his availability or worse, his health.

I liked David and Angie a lot, as well as J.R. and Cara, who I hope don't end before they really begin. I also wish they'd delve a little deeper into both of them - they kind of glossed it over this week a bit too much for me, with Cara getting bitchy with David over his very valid points.

Eric Nelsen was really good in the brief stuff with A.J. and Miranda in his room. Talking about how J.R.'s behavior reminded him of his childhood. Having rewatched that stuff from 2011 recently I really appreciated that. We watched their childhoods play out.

Drunk Jesse was hilariously over the top. But not as hilarious as the ridiculous background dancing from Heather, A.J. and also Brooke and Dimitri throughout these episodes.

• Members

I think we need a need interpretation of Kendall. A lot of people don't like her (I always thought she was too hyper). If they recast her I hope they will find someone like Melissa Clair Egan who can play Kendall meaning someone who can show a lot more range of emotions. I wish they would find someone who can bring the Campy/Funny side to Kendall that made Erica so lovable! Actually, I think Melissa would be a good fit. In the past there have been cast members switching roles on soaps. Days of our lives is probably the most famous for one character in particular who was played by two different actors and one of the actors previously played a real popular role on the same show. This newbie will need to LOVE daytime like so many actors in the past like Caddy McClain, Julia Barr, and David Canary who is willing to stay for decades.

PS. I originally emailed this to someone who doesn't go online and doesn't watch any other show so sorry if it sounds odd.

• Members

He wasn't, IMHO. He also looked, well, old for the first time I can remember. My mom called me and actually said the same thing...

As for the dance contest--we should only be so lucky as to watch Heather and AJ dance for 3 months or however long the Fusion dance contest was... :P But what a lame contest.

• Members

Obviously I agree with David Canary. I suppose it was nice to get even a few seconds of him--his entrance shouting at JR *was* a great moment and I can't help thinking a scene between them was scripted and then not filmed due to some unfortunate reason (fingers crossed not too unfortunate--Ginger Smith didn't seem too concerned about David's health in her interview which was done after this taping, so...) But even off camera it does help set up JR's self destruction even more--havi9ng his father dig into him makes his outburst all the harder to come back from (as we subtly saw by the increased height of his hair--maybe they're going ofr a Jecyl/Hyde transformation :P ).

The thing is, NOBODY outside of the established soap industry pays attention to Daytime Emmys (it could be argued that outside of jokes about Lucci's streak, nobody ever did, but now that they are on HLN it's much more true.) Yes, it could show to some other soap fans who haven't given the online shows a chance that they really should, but otherwise the publicity is negligible.

• Members

They're probably made from bits of aluminum foil retrieved from Darnell Williams' trash.

I honestly don't know what to believe where DC is concerned. Anybody who's watched him for more than five minutes could see there was something off in this return. I can understand him not being interested in ongoing appearances but even in the last eps of AMC 1.0 he was completely present. That wasn't the case here. This reminded me of some of Ruth Warrick's and James Mitchell's last few scenes.

• Members

I was going to make the point about Ray- he is 10 years older and seems to be doing just fine. He has had more to do than he has in a while and is doing great. That is why I fear there may be a health issue at play with DC. There was something off. I did want to hear him rip into JR. It would have given more into JR's future behavior. Either way, I hope DC is doing ok because I adore him! I also hope we get some Stuart in the future!

Speaking of JR, shooting up before the presentation WAS stupid with a capital S. And while JR did act like an ass, Brooke threw him under the bus pretty quickly. She could have handled it better, but I suppose I can understand that she was really concerned about investors pulling out.

Having JR the rage monkey, though, is something I hope they don't go too far with IMO. To me it's just SSDD. If they want to have him have some kind of meltdown/breakdown, it would be better to have it be mental, not rage-a-holic. It would make for better soap, too.

Archived