• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've been thinking about how the scenes played out with DC/Adam, and the discussion that followed on the board.  IMO, PP/GS are going to need to find more creative ways to use his talents while not taxing his energy.

For instance, what if they had different characters, such as Brooke, Dixie, Colby, AJ, and even David, listening outside the study to the confrontation between Adam and JR.  There would be no need to create another set.  The "listeners" could each hear a part of the conversation that was/is relevant to their own character.  DC would not have to memorize any lines, just read the dialogue as Adam.

For the scene with Brooke, most of it could have taken place within the hug, and DC could have looped his lines.

For future scenes, I was thinking Skype or Facetime (along with the advertisement dollars) would be a good way for audience to hear Adam with perhaps a quick glance at the Silver Fox as well.  Or maybe Chandler Media Group is developing their own interactive device, either way, DC could literally call in and read lines off-camera, possibly even from the comfort of his own home. 

• Members

Hashtag Notastalkerjustaloyalsupporter.

I love the character of Jesse Hubbard and support the actor Darnell Williams entirely. As a babyboomer of a certain age I have been watching AMC from its debut so I do have an investment in the show as a loyal and dedicated AMC supporter. and I can imagine that alot of fans were not even born or too young when the show came on.

I will never apologize for it.

• Members

Is Tom Petty's I Won't Back Down playing in anyone else's head after Linda's last 3 consecutive posts? Not touching your Darnell award winning smile hypothetical but the dismissing of younger non baby boomer day 1 fans is really tired. If you only want that perspective, maybe you need to start a baby boomer AMC page and require proof of age to post except I suspect most of those fans might not share your rigid Hubbard enthusiast views about the need for patio scenes either.

• Members

I've been watching since the 70s too Linda. Maybe not since its debut but I've got a good 35+ years under my belt.

You don't speak for older fans. You don't speak for any fans. Not black fans. Not Jesse/Angie fans. Not Agnes Nixon fans. Not Debbi or Darnell fans. Not AMC fans. You speak for no one. No one but yourself and frankly you do even that rather questionably given your propensity for changing your opinions in the span of minutes. (See: Ginger Smith)

Have you considered watching OLTL? I bet you would love Todd and Blair.

• Members

So if we aren't a baby boomer, we don't actually like the show? You truly are an idiot of epic proportions. Maybe you should spend more time with your husband of 40 years drooling over Darnell and less time in front of the computer.

• Members

Marceline 35 years is not enough- you needed to be on there day 1 to fully absorb the Agnes genius and have true perspective on AMC. Otherwise you don't count except for when Linda is advocating for the zendall and rylee fan bases that Ginger callously ignores.

Was cheering your post until you pulled OLTL into this- it's a sleepy but pleasant thread with only some occasional tattoo tomfoolery. :)

Archived