• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Episode 52

The Colby vs Opal bitchfest was to die for. "Opal. Pine Valley's answer to Joan Rivers, without the wit" :lol:

Oh man, the actor playing Hunter was awful. I would have found his words against JR funny if he had any charisma but he just recites them like a robot.

The recently unemployed Jessie getting drunk as a skunk. What a loser. They really need to put subtitles on BCT bc I cant understand he mumbles

Loved that Dixie and Cara had a talk about Tad. Its ridiculous that she hasn't talked to Tad at any point since the show started. I think the case excuse is pretty lame. A case prevents him from at least calling home and checking in on everyone?

Well go Heather, get your man! Didn't expect to see her go in on AJ wih that kiss

When the Jason Derulo music stopped before he took his shirt off, I thought something happened to sabotage the event.

Wow I noticed Jane in the background. Girl didn't get a word

Did you catch David smirking at JR's blow up? LMAO. What perfect timing Adam showing up as he starts raging on Brooke

• Members

Episode 53

Dixie is crazy! She doesn't see why Adam would be upset with JR. Really? Talk about blind love. How lame that we didn't see Adam blowing up on JR....what a tease!

Love how Brooke handled that reporter.

Adam JUST got back and he has a plane to catch? WTF? Seriously, he returns and we see him interact with no one except Brooke. No Colby, no JR, no Dixie, no David..it was incredibly lame. What was the point of him even coming back to PV? He came back to yell at JR offscreen for 10 minutes and then bounced?

Run, Cara, run! JR is trouble and bad news and I have a feeling that he will spill the beans to David about her secret

I wonder if PP told TPTB at AMC and OLTL to incorporate online stories on both shows. It seems pretty blatant. Less so here, but definetly obvious.

Bianca should have been here at the event. Its lame that no Kane woman was here to speak on behalf of the Miranda Center

Ugh oh to Angie meeting Oliver. I thought the little boy was going to ask for his mommy Cara

UAjYokI.gif2lksfu1.gif

LOL...at Heather's dancing. She completely stole the scenes and overshadowed Dixie and Anders. I couldn't pay attention to them as I was so focused on Heather!

4v2y6h.gif

David and Angie biggrin.png What a beautiful couple interrupted by her drunken loser husband. She looked really happy there on the dance floor together

2empnkg.gifeijeicn.gif

2nitzjq.gifLC4ASmI.gif

Darnell was so OTT....LOL. This stuff reminds me of his ABC days

Opal instantly recognized Carmen from Tad and Cara's wedding. I knew JR's plan was STUPID! Seriously, people knew who she was and it was foolish of Cara to believe so.

10dv6le.gif9th8ja.gif

This episode was EVERYTHING! So much happened. The end with David finding a passed out Oliver, Colby and Celia's fight, Opal recognizing Carmen, the JR/Cara kiss. It felt like a season finale with all these cliffhangers.

• Members

You summed up most of what I was going to say, but I didn't catch Jane in the background. I was disappointed the show didn't start right where it left off with Colby confronting Celia over the bid for Pete. Also, Billy Clyde told Jesse he doesn't have a child (hello, Emily Ann!), so I hope the new writers remember that he does. The other 2 things I really liked in this episode were Angie opening up to David about her guilt of not being there for Cassandra and Zach trying to play matchmaker for Miranda & AJ. I was so glad that Adam showed up at the end of this episode and not the next one!

Episode 53

I wish Adam had stayed around longer and we'd gotten to see him chastise JR. I felt a little sorry for Colby that her father left without even saying goodbye to her, but I was happy to have a Brooke/Adam scene. I'm glad Brooke & Dixie have opposing views on Adam's treatment of JR, which has the potential for some great family conflict in the future.

I liked how Cara didn't let JR mistreat her.

Opal surely isn't going to buy that Letitia is "Carmen" and I can't wait to see who she tells first.

Now that David seems to be saving his son, I'm looking forward to how Cara is going to try to cover this up next week.

AJ/Miranda came so close admitting their feelings. Hopefully uncle Zach can persuade her to open up to him soon.

I loved Celia fighting back by pouring water over Colby's head.

Jesse's drunken histrionics were hilarious and make me hope for Angie/David even more!

• Members

Are you kidding? He was everything! This was one time he was actually supposed to be OTT! LOL! I'm naming Jesse the ho of the week.

Was David actually going for it with Angie? Because he has his livesaving surgeon hands all up on her. Not surprising since she had the girls on fine display.

And Adam...oh Adam.

The men of Pine Valley were in fine form this week.

• Members

I didn't say anything negative about him in that scene! It was OTT. I didn't say it wasn't supposed to be as the character was clearly drunk but I did find it all hilarious which is why I put the LOL in there. I said it was reminiscent of the ABC days as his acting was very OTT on a regular basis there as opposed to on PP, where its for the most part been more subdued. This however was an exception as we haven't seen him like this in a long while

• Members

There is no universe where Darnell Williams is "subdued". I love him but like Robin Strasser, most of the time he is playing to the audience on red planet Mars. I have often found him hilarious - mostly in a good way - on the new show in dramatic or anguished scenes. Deeply affecting as well, but still hilarious.

I hope Lea acting all cagey about Jane's last week means they haven't totally cut that subplot.

• Members

Jesse is not a loser. The horrible writers writing his character are losers big time.

Angie and Jesse is a beautiful couple. Number ONE AA SuperCouple in the annals of daytime history, forever and evermore.

Angie and David a very ugly and bad looking couple.

Darnell is NEVER OTT with any of his scenes. He is acting his character to perfection. Wake up people.

• Members

Oh honey I know. I was kind of agreeing with you however badly I phrased it. I agree that this is one time he was supposed to be OTT so I just ate it up like candy. I really liked his scenes in the bar where he was just being all sad and evil. We got to see how broken he was before we got to see him make a public spectacle of himself. Although I would've been happy to lose the scene of him with Billy Clyde if it meant we'd gotten more Adam.

I have to say that the whole look of the gala is gorgeous. I love all the sequins and pastels on the women. The metallics on Angie, Brooke (although that dress was a wee bit frumpy), Colby and Dixie (who looked like she stepped out of Goldfinger) and of course Opal had a look completely her own (and apparently had her own personal wind machine following her around.)

I have to say though, a Pine Valley dance contest is the lamest dance contest in the world.

• Members

Darnell's dramatic scenes are spectacular. Just watch his scenes at Ellie's gravesite and he can pull of the tears too. He is very dramatic in the new show. You are looking too hard for the hilarious when it is not there at all. He is playing to the audience on the planet earth BTW.

Darnell and MEK are brilliant in that they can go both ways with dramatics and humor when necessary.

The writing of Jesse has been just terrible since 2008 and the failure of the writers to have the talent and experience to write him as he was strong and diligent in the 80's. The writers need to wake up and clean up with their wrongful writing of the character of Jesse.

I am sure that viewers are getting tired of the same ol' same ol' from the ABC run and now no better with the PP on line run too.

Darnell's dramatic scenes are spectacular. Just watch his scenes at Ellie's gravesite and he can pull of the tears too. He is very dramatic in the new show. You are looking too hard for the hilarious when it is not there at all. He is playing to the audience on the planet earth BTW.

Darnell and MEK are brilliant in that they can go both ways with dramatics and humor when necessary.

The writing of Jesse has been just terrible since 2008 and the failure of the writers to have the talent and experience to write him as he was strong and diligent in the 80's. The writers need to wake up and clean up with their wrongful writing of the character of Jesse.

I am sure that viewers are getting tired of the same ol' same ol' from the ABC run and now no better with the PP on line run too.

• Members

Darnell was NEVER OTT on the ABC run of the show. He got some Emmy love so people just can't get it, the whole picture of the character of Jesse especially those who were not even born yet or too young to remember the so so strong and sure of himself Jesse back in the 80's.

Archived