Fast Food

SFK

• Members

Best: Dairy Queen and Wend'y's are my favorite!

Worst: McDonalds I think is over rated and Burger King is aweful!

My other favorite is Sonic!!! I like there treats more than there food. I love there Ocean Waters! I especially like how you can customize you drinks like if you want to mix two flavors they will or if you want them to add vanilla and chocolate to a Dr. Pepper they will (just ask my Father!).

I hate Taco Bell and after I discovered Taco Cabana I don't like Taco Bueno as much either.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Y'all are crazy, BK burgers are delicious! So are their chocolate shakes, much better than McDonald's. For a while there, McD's shakes tasted curiously Neopolitan. Like some calculated corporate decision to cover up !@#$%^&*] ups, I dunno.

DQ's butterscotch dipped cones were my favorite as a kid. Baskin Robbins is my all time favorite but I also love Coldstone (cake batter icecream!). Do you all have Rita's? Frozen custard and Italian ice with a rotating menu and infinite combos. Last week I had a large four layer gelato: pear Italian ice, orange creamsickle custard, cotton candy Italian ice, coffee custard, sprinkled with Fruity Pepples. !!!!

• Members

Y'all are MISSING OUT not having Cookout. If you are ever in NC, please check it out. The only meat I eat is fried chicken (LOL) so I am obsessed with their chicken strips (they taste like real chicken strips, not fake like McDonald's or others) but they are also known for their burgers. They also have the best milkshakes in the world.

• Members

My biggest beef with Subway is that they don't have horseradish. I was thrilled when they got baby spinach, because I DESPISE iceberg lettuce, and love spinach.. so there you go. One time I walked into a Subway and saw gnats SWARMING all over the vegetables. I totally freaked and left. I tried Chipotle once, but HATED it. First, I don't like cilantro, and second, even their mild had way too much heat. And just a scoop of pinto beans on a burrito? WHOLE? Not mashed, not refried, not nothing? And the beef was so tough you could make shoes out of it.

• Members

I've been to Cookout before but it was when I was in Virginia. It's really good and yes, those chicken strips are AMAZING.

Here in Australia, I'd say the nicest are probably McDonalds (yes I know but ours are really nice!), Subway, Healthy Habits, and KFC. The worst is for sure Hungry Jack's aka Australian Burger King. That food is rank. My favourite is probably either Subway or Healthy Habits. I'm not big on fast food except for chicken strips occasionally.

• Members

I don't eat a whole lot of fast food, I eat healthy most of the time. But think that it's okay to eat fast food every once in a while/sometimes, especially if it's balanced out with healthy eating habits. When I do eat fast food, it's usually not most of the really popular chain restaurants like Mcdonald's/Burger King/Taco Bell. I don't care for those restaurants and some others.

I really like Bojangles. I think they are way better than Popeyes, I like their dirty rice much better than popeyes's and I really like their chicken, Cajun pintos and breakfast sandwiches.

I put pretty much everything on my sandwich too, smile.png (Except for like banana peppers even though I like them, iceberg lettuce and jalepenos for the most part. Though sometimes I will put jalepenos on a tuna sandwich) I don't care for iceberg lettuce and substitute spinach for it. I like most of the vegetables they have available, I think that they make the sandwich healthier and also taste and look better.

I have been to Cookout once or twice before and I liked their milkshakes. They do have a ton of varieties. I also like how their fries and burgers taste "clean". They didn't taste very greasy like some other fast food chains taste. Plus I like their thicker/ more square cut looking fries, I don't like shoestring/very thin french fries.

One of my favorite hamburger chains here in NC, is Andy's. When I get a hamburger this is usually where I go get it. I like how they pat their hamburgers out and I love their fries, (because they are also thicker/more square cut looking). Their burgers and fries taste "clean" to me too. They have nice sized hamburgers, good lemonades and orangeades, which they squeeze in front of you. Plus they also have good custard and they usually have pints of different flavors of custards that they sell for 1.50 each day where I'm at. I think that Andy's has pretty good food, and that is usually one of the places, I go to whenever I decide to eat fast food.

Also, how many of you guys like pulled pork/bbq? North Carolina has a lot of the best pulled pork/BBQ places. For Eastern NC-style BBQ we have places like Pete Jones/Skylight Inn, (where some presidents used to visit), Parker's and this little hole in the wall called B's that is really popular. I actually went to Pete Jones/Skylight Inn the other day, with my dad to get some pulled Pork/BBQ. It's good.smile.png

We also have a Eastern Style BBQ place in NC called B's BBQ, (that I haven't tried yet), that is very popular. B's doesn't have a telephone number or official open and close time, but they open up in the morning and close when they run out of food. They usually run out of food daily in the early afternoon.

We also have Lexington Style BBQ Places in the Western part of the state, which have pretty good/popular BBQ joints as well.

• Members

What is the difference again with North Carolina BBQ? Living fairly close to Kansas City, BBQ here is HUGE, although surprisingly, there are no BBQ fast food places there, only sit down restaurants. In Missouri, BBQ is always tomato based, swimming in sauce, which is what I like. Although I've tried many people's BBQ, no sauce ever compares to my brother's recipe, so 90 pecent of the time, I just always make it at home with our sauce made from scratch.

• Members

Eastern North Carolina style BBQ has a vinegar and pepper based sauce (it doesn't have a tomato base). Lexington Style BBQ which is featured in the central and western part of the state uses a vinegar and based type of sauce. Eastern NC uses the whole hog and Lexington Styles uses the pork shoulder. At some of the Eastern BBQ places they will cook the whole hog behind the restaurant and then bring the meat in and skin/it and pull the meat. I enjoy eating both Eastern NC style and Lexington style types of BBQ. A lot of times I will take the Eastern Style BBQ and put some type of BBQ sauce on it.

I have heard of different places like Kansas and Memphis having their own styles of BBQ. I've never tried those types before, but it wouldn't surprise me if they are good styles of BBQ. smile.png I have seen Kansas and Memphis types of BBQ sauces sold in stores here. that I might end up trying.

• Members

Addie, I didn't even realize they had Cookout in Virginia! I'm like you, I'm not big on fast food except for chicken strips and theirs are amazing.

Xtr, I totally agree that Bojangles is better than Popeyes and I agree with what you said about liking thicker French fries!

• Members

I really don't do fast food all that much anymore, but this year I went to Mickey D's for a shamrock shake and fries (to dip into the shake). It was yummy, but once I read the fat/calorie info, I opted to create my own low fat option.

My biggest weakness in the past was Wendy's chili along with a small frosty. Another weakness was taco bell (until I learned to cook a low fat alternative at home.

Archived