GH50: Discussion for the month of July...

• Members

Ron definitely thinks this is wonderful, amazing, soapy-goodness. Frank? I honestly don't know but I sense that you're right. If the show's under budget, he'll go along with almost anything. That's his biggest weakness as an EP IMO. I'm genuinely curious what Carlivati might be like if he worked under an EP with a strong vision and commitment to quality who kept him on a very tight leash.

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I loved Endgame. If you just watch it the way you would a sci-fi B movie from the 1950s it is fun. My favorite Lucky scene of all time was with Jacob Young when he was brainwashed and struggling to not inject Luke with the poison. I also like the scene wIthh LL2 where Liz used her love to speak to Lucky from a great distance. It reminded me of when Luke was dangling from the Sky City in Empire Stikes Back and said "Leia...hear me.. Leia...." That is what Liz was doing and Lucky heard!

Plus the whole resurrection scene was fun, CT and RKK were good, and I can find nothing wrong with a struggle to the death over a bottomless pit.

• Members

I enjoyed Endgame except for JY's horrid acting. It reminded me of the Ice princess caper, that sort of we know it's a fiendish crazy plot that was just pure fun.

Today's GH isn't fun. It reminds me of Ron in 2009 when he went off the rails on OLTL and turned it into a parody of a soap. He did that with that horrid Stacy bag of blood story and then Dorian faking being a lesbian to get elected. Ugh.

• Members

I don't think so. I think he is eagerly forging ahead in the transformation of GH into his vision and he thinks it's fabulous. I do think he uses the writing as a tool to take potshots at the actors who messed with his plans by leaving, and PP who got in his way to creating this hybrid he wanted, and the fans who don't like what he's doing. He's a petty little immature brat with a lot of power.

But to be fair, as I so rarely am where this idiot is concerned, he's not that different than any GH writer who preceded him. They all transformed the show dramatically. Into their own vision. It's just that his vision sucks. And his execution is a mess.

But Silas called Sam sweetheart today. And Carly saved the day and will surely talk Jason down tomorrow and new soulmates are born. GH will bear no resemblance to its former self in a year. But it's not the first time it's happened. It's probably the last though.

• Members

Agree with all of this. I wish someone/anyone could have reigned him in before this Franco madness got out of control. Never in my wildest dreams when GH was pretty good back in Jan/February and news of the PP dispute broke did I think this is where we would end up.

Archived