GH50: Discussion for the month of July...

• Members

OLTL will be happy to take him off your hands for a while again soon as well. I hope.

The only way Roger's Franco works is a villain who engineered all of this. That I could watch for stints on and off. Anything else is insulting.

Am I really the only one who liked A.J. and Ava? I still need those GIFs of her reactions, bad.

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ava needs to die yesterday with her pale ass! AJ and Carly should be written! There is plenty of story and chemistry to spare! I could have watched the modern day Alan and Monica til the cows came home. As it stands, I won't get that because Carly's wagon will be hitched to that piece of garbage, FrankenTodd! I pray this can be turned around, and start with that [!@#$%^&*] hair sad.png

• Members

Well. I don't know what to say...so?

Yep, is it me or does Ron just rush to it he's so immediate he doesn't let the story stew, buildup reach a crescendo...its like "plop" its gotta happen right now

...e.g., KiKi plopped right in Michael's apartment, Anna plopped right in Luke's hotel room, Silas shackled immediatelly to only Sam (all four characters ME played out) it doesn't take an Einstein to see where Carly is headed. Its the 'plopping method' of storytelling with this writer.

If they wanted a RoHo/LW pairing they should have never made him Franco; she'll forever look like an idiot with him; I don't care how many brain tumors they give him, or whitewash (in an eppy) cuz this is a very tough sell; I can't say Franco can't be written out of this mess but its going to take time and skill. Which I think is lacking with this writing team.

Back then it was a journey to get the pairings you wanted with story along the way. They even went through other story besides just pairing driven storylines, other relationships first they didn't just hitch him to your bum to follow you around in nearly every scene & when it may happen that they aren't in a scene, they're dialoging about them with another character. This is insane storytelling. That's why I didn' t like Jason with Sam, or Elizabeth / Lucky...if you didn't like their pairing you could never catch a break.

• Members

Oh, I love A.J. and Carly and think they should always be endgame. But I think A.J. and Ava and Liz and so on are good interim pairings, if done right. Which Ron doesn't. I've said it many times but you could play A.J., Liz and Carly (and Ava on the side somewhere) with another side for Carly for years. It's on par with Lesley/Rick/Monica/Alan IMO. They were smart back then, they knew they could run that for years and let it percolate, be their bread and butter even before, during and after Luke and Laura.

• Members

This is the bottom line and it doesn't get simpler! Craptini don't have the skills to pull this off. It should not have been done, but because it has been done, you need some skills. Crappy are a mess and Roger is a huge mess. If his delivery was half decent, I would not be so worried. Seems that if Roger isn't delivering one liners or eating with his hands, he's completely useless!

• Members

Now Scott DeFrietas is singing the praises of RH/Franco on twitter? Supportive husband or does he want to be a recast Steven Lars?

Okay, I just watched 2day’s #RogerHowarth DoubleMintTwin shiz on @GeneralHospital WTF? I want my time back. #GH50

@TVGMLogan @generalhospital no. RH very nuanced, skilled, confident actor.

@TVGMLogan @generalhospital you won't see better acting on HBO, AMC, Showtime, and HEY!!! It's free on ABC!!!

• Members

I don't believe he wanted to deal with the backlash. ML felt Roger's performance was terrible and he was right. He needed to back pedal before the stans went nuts. Saying he won't get back an hour after watching Howarth is not the same as saying FrankenTodd is overexposed.

• Members

When it comes to social networking it's got at least as much to do with Ron and Frank and the trending groupthink about them in those social networks than it does Roger Howarth - probably much moreso about them than him.

I think they're good at certain things, and I think they did a lot for GH. But I've seen them at their best and this is about 90% [!@#$%^&*]. It just is. It's an entertaining, junk food respite from other shows at times but it's not good. And it's worse than it's ever been right now, for their GH.

ETA: I don't want to hear a "me too," cassadine, so save it.

• Members

"

• 922 posts

"Yep, is it me or does Ron just rush to it he's so immediate he doesn't let the story stew, buildup reach a crescendo...its like "plop" its gotta happen right now"

I have no idea why quoting isn't working for me. ANyway--I see your point, but I would add that Ron also builds stories that have BIG climaxes (which sometimes actually work and sometimes don't.) Until then, his sense of storytelling is a very quick setup and then a long (or sometimes not so long) series of essentially repeating the same beats (or not showing them) over and over and over with noprogress until he's read to shoot his wad.

• Members

I think Ron believes dropping a story for weeks while he tells other stories in his choppy "plot point to plot point to REVEAL!" way is allowing those dropped stories to "percolate".

I'm just laughing at how quickly Ron got the LV3 right back to the same places in the relationships Michael Easton claimed were thrown out the window when the OLTL characters were forced to exit. Sniff. Poor Easton. It must have been so hard for him to return and play John McBain in a lab coat.

Archived