The Real (New Talk Show starring Tamera Mowry and others)

Eric83

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm a little surprised that it didn't get picked up, at least for a season. I thought the Wendy lead-in would have really helped it. Then again, it may have been a simple matter of space. If Bethenny was already a go for the fall as it had been advertised, I don't know where my local affiliate was going to put it.

My one real criticism of the show is that it often felt too scripted. It lacked that live or at least live on tape feel, not unlike that The View weekend ripoff Linda Dano and Tenikka Rae used to do on Lifetime.

• Members

So mean though, she has talent and can pull off comedy -- I just always wonder WTH she auditions for -- I laugh now because all the Mowry siblings have done something on ABCF with Tamera being the first and the lame show she had, she was the only bright spot in it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Members

Loni was kind of annoying the few times I saw her on Bethenny and at times on The Real. She is best when she's just her naturally hilarious self making commentary, not when they have her doing corny cutesy talk show [!@#$%^&*] like dancing a la Ellen. I love Loni and I don't like to see her doing anything remotely fake.

Archived